2017 Carlisle Chrysler Nationals July 14-16

Well.....

Unfortunately I'm about 99% certain that I won't be able to go to Carlisle this year. I will get the final schedule next week and it's going to require all hands on deck.

Very sorry to hear this, Bob. I'll hoist a couple of Jer's St. Paulie Girls in your honor.

This sucks Bob. Was really looking forward to meeting you. I'll still keep fingers crossed, but I understand how work goes.

LOL! You guys are the greatest!

I'm still not giving up on a possible run up there on Saturday with the 300.

There are always delays. Atmospheric conditions not correct for live fire. Sometimes we advertedly generate brush fires and we have to wait for the choppers to put them out. So who knows....

Looks like the 2017 map is out. C's are in the green.

IMG_1434.PNG
IMG_1435.PNG

Thanks for the map! I'll be parking outside gate 7 again. Nearest Murray Park's space. I must have made three trips back to the car last year with finds from the swap area. I find i spend most of my time checking the used part venders and car corral. I'll hit the "C" of green by 10:00 am though.

Last edited:
Went to the ER Sat morning, sitting in my hospital bed waiting to have a procedure done tomorrow at 8:00 AM and to see if I'll be able to go this year. It's going to really suck if I've got to cancel at the last minute for the second year in a row.
I'm back home from the hospital and got some good news so I'm hoping my Dr. will release me to go. I should know early next week. Fingers crossed.

Sorry to see that we are stuck behind the manufacturers midway. Doesn't look like Carlisle allocated enough space for all the C Body cars.

I will have a lime green 10' x 20' tent behind my '68 Green Sport Fury. I have 2 more of these "pop up" tents that I would lend to the FCBO group but would need someone to haul them from the campground I stay at to the show field and then back again on Sunday. The campground is 10 minutes away. These tents are not going fit in a C Body trunk without sticking out the back and you really need 4 people to set these up. LMK. Maybe Dave (Polara '71) and I can set up next to each other right where the '67-'68 class ends and the '70-'74 class starts and set up the tents in that area. Just a thought. I expect to be at the show on Thursday morning and will arrive in Carlisle on Tuesday or Wednesday.

Bill

Hey fella's....

I've been in the hospital for the last week. I've had what I thought was an upper respiratory cold and thought I could just tough it out. Well, it got a lot worse rapidly and I couldn't breathe and didn't sleep for 2 days. I went to see my primary doctor at Johns Hopkins Clinic at Water's Edge and they did an EKG and my heart was racing out of control and they determined I had AFIB, a kidney problem, and bronchitis. He wanted to have me taken by ambulance to Upper Chesapeake Hospital but I declined the ride and drove myself to the hospital. Probably not one of wisest choices. I had numerous tests, and a billion IV's, and intravenous drug treatments to get all this under control. My arms are purple. After a week of this I'm sort of under control. My heart still bounces up in the 130 range and the danger from AFIB is blood clots and strokes so now I have to take blood thinners for the rest of my life. I'm feeling better, still a little light headed. I have to pass a cardiology and kidney evaluation before I can go back to work.

The one thing that really stood out with my stay in the hospital....and this is very important!!!

From the second that I entered the emergency room door....I had no less than 40 medical people hustling to take care of me. One guy and 39 women. All of the women except for 2 were under 30 years old. It didn't hit me until 2-3 days later that these professional millennial women really had it together. Professionalism, patient care, putting up with this hard headed old guy with a hat, etc. I have had an awakening that the millennials that I encountered will be able to step up and take care of my generation!

My primary nurse during my hospital stay was Tina.....about 26 years old. So she has seen me in a hospital smock and asked me about 10 times about my military souvenir scars. I gave her hug when I got discharged from the hospital.

I am recovering and should be back to work Monday.

As far as Carlisle goes....

I had to cancel my hotel reservations. I'm still going to try to get to Carlisle Saturday morning with the 300C. I'll come in Gate 3 and get a show field sticker and find somewhere near the C-Body line to park for a couple of hours if possible.

This might be the single biggest post I have ever written.

You can call me Jeff Jr. now....

My body and paint guy asked me if there was anything he could do for me. I said yeah.....paint the front half of NYB. LOL.

Back