2nd time in three years

If I was going to crawl under there to loosen it, I'm gonna be replacing it. Cure or no cure.

I'm with you but some of us have to count pennies to even crawl under the car much less go buy the part. That's why my Fury has been sitting for the last month and I haven't touched it.

The NSS is a simple unscrew old one/screw in new one in type of deal? Nothings going to drain out when I remove the old one?

The NSS is a simple unscrew old one/screw in new one in type of deal? Nothings going to drain out when I remove the old one?

Yeah wish I could say it won't leak some atf but I would be lying now and we wouldn't want that! Besides if it was as easy as that everyone would be doing it right?:laughing4: Sorry just can't help myself sometimes. In other words drain pan is in the plan.

Yeah wish I could say it won't leak some atf but I would be lying now and we wouldn't want that! Besides if it was as easy as that everyone would be doing it right?:laughing4: Sorry just can't help myself sometimes. In other words drain pan is in the plan.
Well I plan to do this myself. I refuse to pay anyone anything I can do myself.

Brown/yellow goes to NSS

attachment.php

2aj039.jpg

Before you bother with that.... Why don't you just ground the wire to try it?

If it's the neutral safety switch, it's possible it's the lever that hits it inside the trans. If that's the case, you'll go through changing the switch and still have the problem.... and discount it as not being the problem.

Before you bother with that.... Why don't you just ground the wire to try it?

If it's the neutral safety switch, it's possible it's the lever that hits it inside the trans. If that's the case, you'll go through changing the switch and still have the problem.... and discount it as not being the problem.
Ground the wire on the switch?

Run a jumper from the starter relay neutral switch terminal to ground.

Usually things are never that easy for me....if there's even the a remote chance that the damned thing is broke and I gotta get under there, it will indeed be broke and I'll have to get under there. But I'll try it nonetheless.

By grounding the relay, you will bypass the neutral switch.

Yup. Never would have looked at the NSS had I not seen the backup lights on in park this morning. I thought "that doesn't seem right",lol.

This morning the car wouldn't start. So I ran a jumper btw the NS term on the starter relay and a good ground point. It immediately starts up. Just to make sure it was not a lucky shot, I disconnected the jumper and tried to restart the car. No dice. Also the backup lamps are still on continuously. So I guess this confirms the status of the NSS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lqa6DFJi9iI&feature=youtu.be

I said from the very beginning it was the NSS...
emoticonbigsmile.gif

LOL - J/K. Glad you found it and you didn't have to dynomite the car for the insurance money.
thumbs_up_smiley.gif

BTW...
The battery, batt cables, starter, starter relay, NSS....the ignition switch, and key cylinder in the steering column have all been confirmed working properly and/or replaced.
whistling2.gif

I said from the very beginning it was the NSS...
emoticonbigsmile.gif

LOL - J/K. Glad you found it and you didn't have to dynomite the car for the insurance money.
thumbs_up_smiley.gif

BTW...

whistling2.gif

Stan its funny you say that because I actually went back thinking I had already gone over that but realized I didn't and swore that it was said that it had already been checked.

I can't say anything.
I once couldn't understand why the car wouldn't turn over.
Then I saw the starter sitting on the bench....

Back