2nd time in three years

I can't say anything.
I once couldn't understand why the car wouldn't turn over.
Then I saw the starter sitting on the bench....

:laughing4: Now that is funny. I've done it even better than that. Got a new engine in the car everything hooked up and ready to go with the oil system primed and went to turn the key on and nothing. I mean nothing. I was so worried about making sure I got everything squared away on the engine completely forgot to put the battery in the car! It happens to us all.

Glad to hear you found the problem!

BTW, I once left a torque converter sitting on the floor .....

Posted via Topify on Android

DONE.........Just need to go out for a shake down cruise. All this for something almost smaller than my frikin thumb.

IMG_3713.jpg

Glad to hear you found the problem!

BTW, I once left a torque converter sitting on the floor .....

Posted via Topify on Android

I've done that but realized it when started putting bell housing bolts in and had to take it back out. That was back when I was putting them in by hand. It did seem aweful light!

Ok so back from shake down cruise. Everything seems alright. Starting up on demand.....multiple times. I will feel better however if a few days pass without anything out of the ordinary happening.

My NSS is flaky and ignition often goes dead. Putting car in neutral works...not sure why. Did you ever try this?

My NSS is flaky and ignition often goes dead. Putting car in neutral works...not sure why. Did you ever try this?
If you KNOW its malfunctioning for sure might it be time to just chuck it for a new one? I HATED it when I turned the key and nothing happened.....can't have that.

It's on the list. Priorities were getting brake lights and running lights working consistently, stop headlights from flashing randomly, and reducing numerous leaks. I have a leak from the speedo cable so while I'm under there....

Before you bother with that.... Why don't you just ground the wire to try it?

If it's the neutral safety switch, it's possible it's the lever that hits it inside the trans. If that's the case, you'll go through changing the switch and still have the problem.... and discount it as not being the problem.

Big John's expertise fixed Gary's car.

Good job!

Just armchair troubleshooting...you might have a dead spot on the starter armature. Have you tried jumping the starter? Redneck way with a screwdriver. Have you tried starting in neutral...or reverse or drive?

Implicating neutral safety switch...

Good job! LOL!

Took me two or so weeks to chase the true issue down.....although I won't be completely convinced until its been a week or two with no problems.

Back