2nd time in three years

deliverance-o.gif

Nope. Still haven't figured out what the issue is. I had to walk away from the car for a day or two out of sheer frustration and anger. All the love I give this damn car and this is the thanks I get.

OK.

Let's analyze this.

The solenoid engages in the starter. This means---- Neutral switch OK, Ignition switch OK, Starter relay OK.

This leaves----- Starter, battery cables, battery cable connections, battery cables.

You've eliminated the starter, battery (I think you have a new battery). That leaves cables and cable connections.

You've cleaned the connections. That leaves cables.

Possibly a bad cable with high resistance.

These are cheap enough to replace with generic NAPA pieces. I'd do that next.

OK.

Let's analyze this.

The solenoid engages in the starter. This means---- Neutral switch OK, Ignition switch OK, Starter relay OK.

This leaves----- Starter, battery cables, battery cable connections, battery cables.

You've eliminated the starter, battery (I think you have a new battery). That leaves cables and cable connections.

You've cleaned the connections. That leaves cables.

Possibly a bad cable with high resistance.

These are cheap enough to replace with generic NAPA pieces. I'd do that next.
yes, I definitely agree Big_J. That's next.

I'm this close to jumping onto a plane with my test light.......... :angry3:
I guess this is just my time. Heard/read many story from others who have had frustrating PITA problems that shut them down and I always laughed at them. Karma.

I guess this is just my time. Heard/read many story from others who have had frustrating PITA problems that shut them down and I always laughed at them. Karma.
You have no idea of how many times Lance the Destroyer offered me 12 hundred bucks while converting the New Yorker to a 4 speed. And I accepted every one of those offers until it came time to write the Bill of Sale.

Gary............ let me know if you need a hand.....I can always stop down
Mighty kind of ya to offer Dave....I haven't done anything yet as I'm still pissed at it. Today would've been nice to drive to the shore, or drive in movies, or south street, or.....These are just a few reasons why I'm pissed at it still...

I really don't have much to offer as I only play a mechanic on TV. I will say this, I have found on many occasions a dirty electrical connection can cause ghostly problems in a car.

Second, as a last resort, I know a fantastic auto electric mechanic in West Chester, PA if you decided to throw in the towel. That is all he does and is very good at it, old or new.

Lastly, I'm in SJ and if you just need another helping hand let me know.

I really don't have much to offer as I only play a mechanic on TV. I will say this, I have found on many occasions a dirty electrical connection can cause ghostly problems in a car.

Second, as a last resort, I know a fantastic auto electric mechanic in West Chester, PA if you decided to throw in the towel. That is all he does and is very good at it, old or new.

Lastly, I'm in SJ and if you just need another helping hand let me know.
Thanks much! I'm familiar with Pittsgrove..I'm just a couple exits up 295. I think tomorrow I will start looking at it...begin with examining the starter cable in its entirety.

Back