3 sp manual 64 NY'er

bluefury361

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
A friend has this 64 New Yorker four door stashed away.... 46K mile original with a factory floor mounted 3sp manual. I'm not sure if it's a 361 or a 383.

64 new yorker manual (Large).jpg

64 new yorker 3sp manual (Large).JPG

Cool car! You can ID the engine by a smooth boss under the distributor and will be stamped with year and dispacement. A letter i.e. D=1968 and 3 digits i.e. = 383. And can be ID'd by the block casting number.

Last edited:
That interior looks really nice, kool car for a 4-door and has to be unusual with the 3 spd on the floor.

Manual with floor shift.........✔
A/C...................................✔
Oddball..............................✔
Close to FL........................✔

Talk to me...

Craiglist_1
at
hotmail
dot
com

The color of the steering wheel seems out of place with the rest of the interior color. I would think the steering wheel would be the same color as the steering column.

I was thinking...he doesn't know if it's a 361 or 383? It could be a 413!

Looks like you're ready to pull the trigger on this beauty. .
In my mind, I pull the trigger every day on a car.
The odds are greater for the sun to burn out and the Earth turn into an ice ball than for me to actually afford a car like that. But, I never stop because it happens every once in a blue moon.

Screenshot - 9_4_2012 , 1_48_13 PM.jpg

Last edited:
All 1964 New Yorkers were 413's and Torqueflites.
And that's not a New Yorker. It's a Newport with that French sissy sounding name manual transmission. Mon-Pussy or something...

Last edited:
64 newport....

All 1964 New Yorkers were 413's and Torqueflites.
And that's not a New Yorker. It's a Newport.QUOTE]

Your right.... my mistake. It is a Newport.
I believe it's a 361. I never looked at the engine ID pad and my friend told me what it was ...... But I forgot.... senior moment. It has Add on air and I think it has an am/fm radio. The steering wheel is the original, for some reason the manual shift cars all used that one. Less then 50K miles too.
I didn't ask if it was for sale. I know he has had the car for a long time now. It's in Tennessee. I was up there this past weekend and loaded up my trunk with a bunch of goodies for my 69 300...(passenger 6 way seat platform, two more road wheels, A/C condensor, one door handle, a nice original pos batt cable, heater valve, nice pair of arm rest bases, and several lesser niffy-naffys).

He's getting up in years now and health is a little iffy. He mentioned he might like to sell some of his cars and other stuff. I can get information if someone is really interested.

64 new yorker dash (Large).jpg

Next time you go, please take pictures of everything he has. It sounds like he has a very nice collection.

I'm going in.........

Next time you go, please take pictures of everything he has. It sounds like he has a very nice collection.

I think I may be returning soon. He has made me an offer I may not be able to resist. He has been after my 64 D200 crew cab for some years now and finally came up with this to trade.........61 Fury convertible.............SOOoooooo tempting to me:sideways tongue:

61 fury vert front (Large).jpg

61 fury vert right side (Large).jpg

I don't want to play games with a zillion one liners filled with ifs, ands, buts, and maybies. I've gone through this crap about a zillion times and it always ends up with the supposed seller playing nothing but games.
If he has cars absolutely for sale, just post the damn things with a firm selling price. Period. End of frikkan story. These whackadoos that hoard cars and spend their whole life getting their rocks off by dangling cars in front of people and saying they are "thinking" of selling them and never do pisses the crap out of me. He has cars that ARE for sale or not. Not this "thinking about it" bullchit.

(Sent using Forum Runner)

Someone needs a chill pill.

If he has cars absolutely for sale, just post the damn things with a firm selling price. Period. End of frikkan story. He has cars that ARE for sale or not. Not this "thinking about it" bullchit.

Well...... Easy for YOU to say....!!!!! This old fellow is NOT a dealer.... The only thing hes has always liked more then his cars & trucks ....Is to make a good trade.

No MSRP here.

Last weekend was the first time he made mention of selling anything. I know how much he enjoys his cars and has recently come to terms with the fact that he is not as young as he used to be.... Can't maintain the fleet as well as is needed, and may need to pass some things on. I didn't lean on him for pricing and avalibility. If he likes you, you'll get a real fair deal. Come straight at him with money and you'll likely be dissapointed, (Unless it's a LOT of money).

I'm trying to protect his interestes from those who would come on with a bunch of B.S., downtalk his stuff and shoot for the lowball. (Of course no one here would do that....:poke:) He knows the value of his cars.
Ill be happy to pass on your info to him if your interested in something i've shown here.

wow..........still garages all over the place filled with goodies........I like 'em both, with a preference for the ragtop, of course.

I never liked that Fury body much but it looks like its in nice shape.....

Stan, are you really looking for something else or talking out your *** like I do about buying another.

Back