WANTED 4160 carb washer

Status
Not open for further replies.

potshot

Reaction score
Contact seller
I need to take a moment to be OCD.
On the Holley 4160 (came stock on my 69 300) there's a brass balance tube with an o-ring and washer on either end. I've come up short one washer when re-assembling and the kits don't come with them anymore. Does anyone have a junk 4160/600cfm carb to pull a washer from so I can re-assemble without flinching?

PXL_20240109_012355880.jpg

PXL_20240109_012335264.MP.jpg

Looks like you ALSO need a correct balance tube with the expanded areas on them to retain the balance tube o-ring seals (as pictured). OEM tubes were textured aluminum, or similar, not brass. You can probably order them from Holley, but they were on all 4160 4bbls regardless of application. Maybe the same on 4150s (with rear metering blocks rather than 4160 rear metering plates) too? O-ring seals should be in the carb rebuild kits.

Enjoy!
CBODY67

Looks like you ALSO need a correct balance tube with the expanded areas on them to retain the balance tube o-ring seals (as pictured). OEM tubes were textured aluminum, or similar, not brass. You can probably order them from Holley, but they were on all 4160 4bbls regardless of application. Maybe the same on 4150s (with rear metering blocks rather than 4160 rear metering plates) too? O-ring seals should be in the carb rebuild kits.

Enjoy!
CBODY67
Thanks! This is the internal balance tube, not the aluminum external transfer tube which you correctly described. I only know because I just pulled it apart, clumsily lost track of a washer and have been reading about how I'll probably only find one in a used/junk carb.

My first rebuild is not going as smoothly as I hoped, but I'll get there.

Thanks! This is the internal balance tube, not the aluminum external transfer tube which you correctly described. I only know because I just pulled it apart, clumsily lost track of a washer and have been reading about how I'll probably only find one in a used/junk carb.

My first rebuild is not going as smoothly as I hoped, but I'll get there.
If you have an idea of the ID and OD of the needed washer, you might head to Lowe's and look in their nut/bolt/etc. selection for a washer of the desired specs. Some larger auto supplies and hardware stores have similar selections, by observation.

CBODY67

If you have an idea of the ID and OD of the needed washer, you might head to Lowe's and look in their nut/bolt/etc. selection for a washer of the desired specs. Some larger auto supplies and hardware stores have similar selections, by observation.

CBODY67
It may come to that. We'll see, thx

Found what I needed. It turns out there was another 4160 in the box of parts that I got with this car. I didn't recall seeing a Holley before, but double checking paid off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back