4th Annual C Body Show - June 27th

Mopar Events, Meets, Car Shows

1. david hill

david hill Well-Known Member FCBO Gold Member

Thanks for keeping us in the loop. The August date sounds doable.

2. LocuMob

LocuMob Fluid Technician with a hat FCBO Gold Member

Same as what @ayilar said. Reschedule if the June dates doesn't work out.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. 71Polara383

71Polara383 Kid with ballcap FCBO Gold Member

Power Tour is in August and in the Midwest this year. Just putting that out there.

• Like Like x 2
  4. MarPar

MarPar Meat Man with a Hat FCBO Gold Member

tenor.gif

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. BLIMP

BLIMP Senior Member

So the 6 foot social distancing rule is effective with 50 people, but ineffective with 51 people...got it.

This all so friggin stupid

• Agree Agree x 6
  6. cbarge

cbarge World Famous Barge in a Budget FCBO Gold Member

I want to thank Tim and others for really trying to keep the event alive.
    Obviously,there are circumstances beyond our control.
    That being said I will have to look forward to next year's show.
    Sucks,but the border is still closed and it is what it is.

7. BUBBAZ488

BUBBAZ488 Member

IS THE SHOW STILL ON?

8. cbarge

Read post #59 from Tim.
    My understanding he is hoping to keep the date or at least reschedule to a different date.Unless the US/Canadian borders consider car shows essential,my car show season has been scrapped.
    On the bright side Maggie and I can focus on finishing the 69 Fury this summer.
    frankie1.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  9. furious70

furious70 Well-Known Member

The collar counties are all pushing hard to be excluded from Chicago's timeline, sheriff's are saying they won't ticket without a court order. Up to each person to do what they feel is safe

• Like Like x 3
  10. ayilar

ayilar Senior Member FCBO Gold Member

I just made arrangements to (i) attend the Midwest show organized by @sixpkrt on the 27th and then (ii) drive up to the Waupun show organized by @Pete Kaczmarski on the 28th. I'll need to see what the virus situation is before heading out to the shows, but my current plan is to go to both and bring one or two cars.

11. sixpkrt

sixpkrt Senior Member FCBO Gold Member

The IL governor announced today Phase 3 will begin on May 29th. Part of his announcement mentioned all parks will be open.
    I'm not going to turn this thread into another coronavirus thread, but because of this recent news, there will be no more consideration to reschedule the C Body Show at Randall Oaks because of the chinese virus.

• Like Like x 3
    • Thanks! Thanks! x 1
  12. cbarge

US/Canadian border closure extended for the 2nd time in a row..til June 21st. So I am screwed.

13. sixpkrt

sixpkrt Senior Member FCBO Gold Member

Maybe not......

Just the other day, our lying governor stated during his press conference that all parks would be open as of May 29th....not true!

Yesterday, I received an email from the park district that went out to all people who had made reservations at any of the parks, or with scheduled activities that stated, "All Events are Cancelled for the month of June". I replied to their email, but got an automatic response reading "Someone will respond to your inquiry in 24 to 48 hours". At the time I sent the email, their offices were already closed.
    So, I went to the park district's office this morning, and found out someone else with a previously schedule event changed their event just yesterday to the 16th.
    The only open date was Saturday, August 1st, … so I took it.
    As previously stated, my next opening would have been August 16, but since that is now out of the question, my wife and I will make different plans for our trip. She is pretty understanding, knowing how important this show is to me.

Rescheduling the date for the C Body Show was the last thing I wanted to do, knowing how it would affect any and all plans people have made to attend, including those coming from a distance, who have already made reservations with hotels, or requested time off from their employers.
    The other concern I have are for those who have registered for the show after seeing the registration form posted on Facebook, and who are not registered or visit FCBO on a regular basis.
    I will be sending emails to everyone directly who provided their email address when they registered for the show later today. However, for those who did not provide their address, I'll also update the registration form and will post a new link to this thread, making it available so someone can copy and post the new link with the updates on the various C Body sites on Facebook. Hopefully this will prevent anyone from showing up at the park in June, only to find their gates closed.

After seeing so many show cancelled or rescheduled this year, I suppose it was bound to happen here too. Unless our worldly political hacks in Illinois have freed up our state to normalcy by August 1st, this may be our last chance to have our C Body Show this year.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  14. cbarge

That depends on how many times Trump and Trudeau extends the closing of our borders..