For Sale '57 Chrysler 300-C

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ripinator

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Contact seller
This car has been listed on the Chrysler 300 Club, Intl site for several months, and it appears there are no takers, as yet. The car looks to me to be a really good deal for a pretty nice car that is almost ready for the road. I betcha Steve (@saforwardlook) knows this car. Here is the text of the ad:

300 C VIN#3N573125 1957 2 door hard top, A/C car, 392, black. This was one of Duane DeButts’s cars, one of the original cars in the club (bought from the Dupin’s in 73 and is in the picture in the club history), and we would love for someone to continue it’s rebuild, as D was in process of, previous to his passing in 2013. We are asking for $40,000. It had the interior (by Gary Goers) and paint/bumpers done in 2009. The rest of the car is original to my knowledge because my father liked it stock. It needs work on head gaskets (oil in the coolant) and the pinion seal to really be road worthy. It does start and drive. There are a number of other cosmetic things that we never got to like re-chroming the trim and mirrors, and installing a new dash that my dad purchased. Please look at the pictures and ask me any questions about it’s condition. Click here for pictures. Most of the pictures were taken on 6/11/2017. Some were from when it had been repainted in 2009. The '57 is currently located in Romulus, MI near the DTW airport. Contact me, Doreen Schifano, at niftchick@gmail.com (07/31/17)

The link for the pictures is: 1957 300C Coupe for sale

1957 300C Coupe for sale

2013%20DepotTown.jpg

57%20back%20seat.jpg

57%20back%20end.jpg

57%20back%20end%202.jpg

57%20emblem%20wheel.jpg

57%20engine%20bay.jpg

57%20from%20top.jpg

57%20trunk.jpg

2009%2057.jpg

2009repaint.jpg

2009%20newInt.jpg

front57.jpg

Intwheeldash%2057.jpg

Last edited:
I like the slightly outward canted fins and the large as pipe organ tail lights. Perhaps the Chrysler 300 club people know something we don't?????

Boy I wish I had the money. You could easily put that much in one to restore. What a beauty, if that paint is as good as it looks he has some serious coin in just the paint job. We all know black hides nothing. I keep come back and looking at the pictures of this one.

Daaaarooooool!

This car has been listed on the Chrysler 300 Club, Intl site for several months, and it appears there are no takers, as yet. The car looks to me to be a really good deal for a pretty nice car that is almost ready for the road. I betcha Steve (@saforwardlook) knows this car. Here is the text of the ad:

300 C VIN#3N573125 1957 2 door hard top, A/C car, 392, black. This was one of Duane DeButts’s cars, one of the original cars in the club (bought from the Dupin’s in 73 and is in the picture in the club history), and we would love for someone to continue it’s rebuild, as D was in process of, previous to his passing in 2013. We are asking for $40,000. It had the interior (by Gary Goers) and paint/bumpers done in 2009. The rest of the car is original to my knowledge because my father liked it stock. It needs work on head gaskets (oil in the coolant) and the pinion seal to really be road worthy. It does start and drive. There are a number of other cosmetic things that we never got to like re-chroming the trim and mirrors, and installing a new dash that my dad purchased. Please look at the pictures and ask me any questions about it’s condition. Click here for pictures. Most of the pictures were taken on 6/11/2017. Some were from when it had been repainted in 2009. The '57 is currently located in Romulus, MI near the DTW airport. Contact me, Doreen Schifano, at niftchick@gmail.com (07/31/17)

The link for the pictures is: 1957 300C Coupe for sale

1957 300C Coupe for sale

View attachment 163061

View attachment 163062

View attachment 163063

View attachment 163064

View attachment 163065

View attachment 163066

View attachment 163067

View attachment 163068

View attachment 163069

View attachment 163070

View attachment 163071

View attachment 163072

View attachment 163073
i love it!!!!

This car has been listed on the Chrysler 300 Club, Intl site for several months, and it appears there are no takers, as yet. The car looks to me to be a really good deal for a pretty nice car that is almost ready for the road. I betcha Steve (@saforwardlook) knows this car.

I do not personally know the car but I do believe while it is cosmetically restored, that leaves a lot to be done with the drivetrain yet, as the underhood photo shows it hasn't been restored in that respect. It is also apparently and a/c car originally, as the a/c lines are present but the a/c compressor and some related components are missing - and would likely be hard to find. As such, given today's market, the car is clearly over-priced. Owners of these cars know that is a big deal and would not pay such a price for a cosmetically restored one only. The condition of the grille itself alone says a lot about the car as well.

Last edited:
I do not personally know the car but I do believe while it is cosmetically restored, that leaves a lot to be done with the drivetrain yet, as the underhood photo shows it hasn't been restored in that respect. It is also apparently and a/c car originally, as the a/c lines are present but the a/c compressor and some related components are missing - and would likely be hard to find. As such, given today's market, the car is clearly over-priced. Owners of these cars know that is a big deal and would not pay such a price for a cosmetically restored one only.

I agree with Steve.

I had a good friend seriously interested in the car, but he passed on inspection and reports from people that know the car. Pop rivited patch repair panels are never good, esecially when not disclosed.

Optimistic asking price.

I agree with Steve.

I had a good friend seriously interested in the car, but he passed on inspection and reports from people that know the car. Pop rivited patch repair panels are never good, esecially when not disclosed.

Optimistic asking price.

The A/C compressors for these cars were impossible to find 20 years ago, can not imagine that that situation has gotten any better. Probably would have to hope that Wildcat Mountain Auto Wreckers might have a rebuildable one. Don't know if anybody still has the parts.

Dave

Air-cond working or not, it doesn't bother me one bit, I'd still happily have it and cruise in it. Besides, I'd only drive it on nice mild days, we're not discussing a daily driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back