'59 Plymouth Stock Car

Love Shack

Reaction score
For absolutely no good reason, I'm posting a picture of a friends stock car. The picture was taken in the summer of '69. The car had been a light pink, but after the first weekend of racing, they made some enemies on the track, and painted it blue. Not sure if that helped. Things were always a little rough at the track. 'Powered by Joe' refers to the owners cousin, who provided a Hemi from a late 50's Chrysler for the project. I'm sure those fins provided some stability in the corners! Yeah, right.

I think they ran it two or three seasons before finding other things to do, pulled then engine, and junked what was left.

The object sticking out the front was the bolted on tow bar. The tow vehicle was a '68 Fury 3 convertible with a 383 and 4-speed. My brother eventually ended up with that car and stored it for many years, and it was in excellent condition when he sold it in the mid-80's (mistake). Last heard that car ended up in Texas.

The stock car was a Savoy. No Fury's were harmed in the destruction of this automobile

Stuarts 59 Plymouth.jpg

Last edited:
I can only imagine that if this Savoy hit anything it would be been harmed or destroyed!:icon_eyes:

Seriously. WTF !
Might as well put a Chimpanzee trained on Grand Theft Auto 5 in there. Same thing.

20110312-221639-pic-62189046.jpg

You call that NAStockCAR??
I'm going to my local Dodge Chrysler Ram Jeep Fiat dealer Monday morning and get me one.

Can someone tell me where the cigarette lighter is in that picture?

I think the new definition for NASCAR is
National Association Same Car Auto Racing
Not A Stock Car As Remembered

for absolutely no good reason, i'm posting a picture of a friends stock car. The picture was taken in the summer of '69. The car had been a light pink, but after the first weekend of racing, they made some enemies on the track, and painted it blue. Not sure if that helped. Things were always a little rough at the track. 'powered by joe' refers to the owners cousin, who provided a hemi from a late 50's chrysler for the project. I'm sure those fins provided some stability in the corners! Yeah, right.

I think they ran it two or three seasons before finding other things to do, pulled then engine, and junked what was left.

The object sticking out the front was the bolted on tow bar. The tow vehicle was a '68 fury 3 convertible with a 383 and 4-speed. My brother eventually ended up with that car and stored it for many years, and it was in excellent condition when he sold it in the mid-80's (mistake). Last heard that car ended up in texas.

The stock car was a savoy. No fury's were harmed in the destruction of this automobile

THE GRILLE ORNAMENT FROM THIS CAR IS NOW FOR SALE IN THE ' EXTERIOR PARTS' FORUM
$40.00 Plus Shipping and Insurance

59-60 Ornament 1.jpg

59-60 Ormnament 2.jpg

I took it off, and its been laying in the garage ever since. The name on the rear quarter panel was my parents excavating company.

Back