5th Annual C Body Show

Re #3 I brought my 68 charger last year since the engine was out of my fury so no worries as long you're a fan at heart

@Fireflite56 -- any decision is @sixpkrt's as the organizer, but I do not think that he'd say "no" to a 1959 DeSoto :D

I, for one, very much hope to see your car!

1. Is there day-of registration available as well if we are not preregistered?
When you do your part by completing the registration for the show, you help me with the organization and the ongoing communication I have with the management at the Illinois Railway Museum. I am responsible to give them updates on the number of vehicles that are expected to arrive.
If a bunch of cars show up that are not registered on the day of the show, it could force the management to not allow entry onto the museum grounds due to the pre-determined parking space they have allocated for this event.
It doesn't cost you anything when going on the link at the beginning of this thread to register. Your $20 show field entry fee will be collected at the gate by an IRM employee.

2. Is the museum open to regular spectators as well for people attending without a car or is this a private event?
The IRM will be open for business as usual on the day of the show. If arriving without a car that has been entered for the show, you will be able to enter the museum after paying the cover charge to do so. Also note, there is no special pricing for "walk-in" attendees.

3. Would a '59 DeSoto be considered close enough to a c-body to be allowed or not? We don't have any true c-bodies right now.

Although this event is a C Body show, having other models that could be associated as an acceptable "LARGE CAR" Chrysler, Plymouth, Dodge, or Imperial of any year can also attend. And yes, DeSoto's are welcome too.
Since most Mopar Shows focus all their attention on the A/B/E bodies or the new metric models, this show is only for the "C Body".
Those little A/B/E/metric cars will not be part of this show.

4. Will all the train buildings be open as well for viewing?

As mentioned above, the IRM will be in full operation, (granted no new Covid restrictions are imposed by the state if IL) on the day of our event. All the buildings throughout the museum are expected to be open, and I have been told the museum will have steam locomotives operating on their 4 mile track for train rides during the month of June.

I'll be calling the museum tomorrow with an update as to the number of vehicles that are registered for this show, so that they have an good idea of the number of cars that will be in attendance. As of today, there are 32 cars registered, including a bunch of 1st time attendees.
If you haven't registered but are planning on coming to the show with your C body, today would be a good day to click the link and sign up.

I just registered. I'm not sure how many people will be coming, or how many cars, so for now I put in one car (mine) and four people as a ballpark estimate. I can update as we get closer.

The Covid restrictions in Illinois is holding at Phase 4, but out governor recently added another Phase,"4.5", instead of keeping the 1 through 5 Phases he initially proclaimed. Tier 5 is Post pandemic/No restrictions. I guess he wasn't ready to declare that number just yet as our statewide numbers continue to improve though. Go figure. Anyhow, I think we're going to be in good shape, and do not expect any dramatic rollbacks being announced.
The car count is holding at 32 since the last registration. Seems like we are going to have a very nice turn out this year.
Just 2 months to go, lets keep those numbers rising so we can make this the best show we've had to date.

I took the 69 Imperial out for a short drive today, and out of the corner of my eye, I see this 68 Imperial convertible in a parking lot with a bunch of people standing around it. I had to turn around.
The owner, Frank had told me his brakes had failed while he and his wife were out for a drive with another couple. He had already had a couple guys looking at it, and the problem looked to have been with his booster.
I stuck around for a little longer, as they seemed to have everything under control, but before leaving I told him about the 5th Annual C Body Show, and gave his wife the info where they could register.
Hope to see them at the show.
5_1_21j Imps.jpg
5_1_21k Imps.jpg

5_1_21d Imps.jpg

Hey everyone, just checking in to see if the show is still on, and get my Chrysler fix and see all you guys.

Of course it is. Hey, you haven't registered yet my friend.

With a month away, lets see what you're driving to the show.
The 71 HP New Yorker's bodywork and paint will be fresh. Maybe I'll have the correct wheel covers on the 69 Imperial by then too.
1971 New Yorker.jpg
69 Imp.jpg

72 Imperial..jpg

I only have one.. C anyway :lol:

Unlikely to have mine together again after the head fiasco.

I hope to bring Regina. She just got new springs, and the front end is next.

3DA251D8-CFBC-4187-8FF3-8751B1232B16.jpeg

If not, then I’ll bring Medina.

3047A4EC-42DE-41FF-A5D8-50B521D42389.jpeg

Back