5th Annual C Body Show

There's nothing like a Saturday cruise w/ the top down.

Where you are is more important than what day it is.

20210513_152852.jpg
20210513_152820.jpg

I'll be going to the IRM later this week to check out the parking arrangements they are preparing for us, and will get some pics to share.
BTW, we're up to 36 cars.:thumbsup:

There were some personnel changes recently at the IRM, one of them being the person I had been working with.

I drove out to Union today to meet with the new guy, and he’s totally on board with having our show at the museum in 30 days. We’ll be in communication between now & then, finalizing the car count totals and any other updates as needed to make this event enjoyable for everyone. At some point, they will begin to advertise the show on their FB page, with plans to do it beginning 2 weeks prior to the 26th.

On the day of the show, they’d like us to begin arriving before they open to the public, preferably between 9:30am to 10:30am. If you’re going to be coming after that time slot, you’ll still be able to join the rest of us, but parking may start flowing to the over flow parking area they have set aside for us. The show cars will enter at Gate 5 on Olsen Road. A staff member will be there to give you your window display card, and to direct you were to drive to the show field. They will also collect your $20 fee at the entrance.

Their restaurant is closed and it is unknown if it will be open by the end of the month because they’re having a hard time finding people to work. If it is open, there will be a set menu you’ll be able to pick from. Otherwise, I’ll have food brought in as I have in the past.

I took some pics while I was there today so you all can get a feel for the place and what to expect.

This is the the gate where you'll enter the museum grounds.
irm x.jpg

The road by the gate is gravel, but turns into pavement soon after entering.
This is the road where you'll be driving on to the show field.
irm c.jpg

Another shot as you approach the field where we are going to be parked.
irm t.jpg

As soon as you cross that set of tracks, you'll turn into the grassy area.
irm a.jpg

There are shaded area's too. At least we're not on a black top parking lot.
This area should hold 40 to 50 cars. (it's bigger than it looks)
irm d.jpg

irm i.jpg

irm n.jpg

irm b.jpg

The parking area is just behind the train depot. The train rides will be free for people registered for the show.
They plan on having steam locomotives running the day of the show on the 4 mile private track.
irm e.jpg
irm f.jpg

irm g.jpg

Just on the other side of the tracks where we are parked, you can also hop on a trolley ride that circles the entire museum grounds.
Everything is in short walking distance to where we will be parked.
irm u.jpg

BTW, there is about 20 acres of barns filled with trains of all types, streetcars, etc., to go through and memorabilia shops if you're looking for souvenirs. So bring your walking shoes. :rofl:

Here's a sampling of a few...
irm o.jpg

irm s.jpg
irm p.jpg
irm r.jpg

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but there are nearby hotels/motels not far from the museum, and there is also a KOA campground located in Union, about a mile from the IRM.
See everyone at the show. :thumbsup:

OK, count me in! Tickets in hand.
@73Coupe , Are you driving your New Yorker to the show from Cali? That would be awesome.
If you're flying in from that far away, it will be the first time someone has done that for this event. Either way, it'll be good to have you join us.:thumbsup:

@73Coupe , Are you driving your New Yorker to the show from Cali? That would be awesome.
If you're flying in from that far away, it will be the first time someone has done that for this event. Either way, it'll be good to have you join us.:thumbsup:

I'm flying in and look forward to attending my first C bodies event and meeting fellow "club" members!

Back