5th Annual C Body Show

I am trying to figure out a plan to work through this trip into Carlisle next year. Come to this show, find a place to park my car for the week and a half, fly home, and then fly back for the drive to Carlisle. Would knock about 1,200 miles off. Just thinking so far.
Not sure I have it in me to do both within two weeks of each other.

Rent a garage for a month

It was confirmed, Scotts dipstick is longer than mine, but mine allows for more capacity. :rofl:

I am trying to figure out a plan to work through this trip into Carlisle next year. Come to this show, find a place to park my car for the week and a half, fly home, and then fly back for the drive to Carlisle. Would knock about 1,200 miles off. Just thinking so far.
Not sure I have it in me to do both within two weeks of each other.

When looking back, the weather forecasts we've had around the time of C Body shows since 2019 has usually been a 50/50 chance we were going to have some rain. We lucked out most of the time, but this past show undoubtedly keep some people away. This June we were in the midst of a drought with the exception of last week.
It got me thinking about moving next years show to mid July, keeping the location as this year at the IRM for 2022.
The Chicagoland Mopar Connection has a 2 day show in Belvidere, IL annually which is about 20 miles from Union, IL. The 1st day of their event typically dedicated to a certain model Mopar, such as this year the 1st day will be dedicated to Dodge Chargers, the 2nd day will be all makes and models.
The CMC never selects the same weekend as Chryslers at Carlisle, and historically their show has been the following weekend, like this year will be.

July will be a little warmer in these parts than June, but it would make it easier for anyone going home and heading west after leaving Carlisle.
This is just an idea I am kicking around, and would like to know what others think.

When looking back, the weather forecasts we've had around the time of C Body shows since 2019 has usually been a 50/50 chance we were going to have some rain. We lucked out most of the time, but this past show undoubtedly keep some people away. This June we were in the midst of a drought with the exception of last week.
It got me thinking about moving next years show to mid July, keeping the location as this year at the IRM for 2022.
The Chicagoland Mopar Connection has a 2 day show in Belvidere, IL annually which is about 20 miles from Union, IL. The 1st day of their event typically dedicated to a certain model Mopar, such as this year the 1st day will be dedicated to Dodge Chargers, the 2nd day will be all makes and models.
The CMC never selects the same weekend as Chryslers at Carlisle, and historically their show has been the following weekend, like this year will be.

July will be a little warmer in these parts than June, but it would make it easier for anyone going home and heading west after leaving Carlisle.
This is just an idea I am kicking around, and would like to know what others think.

Now you're thinking ..

I like to look at data, so here goes. In Illinois, July is on average almost as wet as June (graphs courtesy RSS Weather):

precip.png

July, however, is warmer on average than June:

temp.png

As for the city of Marengo, IL (nearest the museum), it turns out that July 19 is the hottest average day of the year. That's just two days after the exact day with which you are toying for next year, and 3F to 4F more on average than the time of year when the show has thus far been held.

--> Put together, warmer + equally wet = muggier. I would therefore suggest keeping the event in June.

Last edited:
I like to look at data, so here goes. In Illinois, July is on average almost as wet as June (graphs courtesy RSS Weather):

View attachment 470426

July, however, is warmer on average than June:

View attachment 470427

As for the city of Marengo, IL (nearest the museum), it turns out that July 19 is the hottest average day of the year. That's just two days after the exact day with which you are toying for next year, and 3F to 4F more on average than the time of year when the show has thus far been held.

--> Put together, warmer + equally wet = muggier. I would therefore suggest keeping the event in June.
Then look at quantity of rain per storm. In hot summer months you could have that 3 inches in one outburst.

You're not the only person looking at statistics, but thanks for the response.
If comparing the middle of June to the middle of July, July would have less rain in the forecast.
The graph provided does not present a qualified example to a location that is 60 miles to the northwest of Chicago, IL.

In addition, besides the chances of rain occurring in June or July next year is anybody's guess.
Anther factor I am now taking into consideration to change the show date to July, was inspired by Marty's post, where he mentioned how he, or anyone for that matter, could do Carlisle and the C Body Show together. Having these two shows a week apart would foot the bill by providing less time away from work/family/vacations, etc, etc...
Union IL-rainfall_days-en.gif

Thanks for taking my musings into consideration, but I am only one of many, and usually have some flexibility with my vacation schedules. I am not saying I can do both every year, but would give me a better opportunity to do so, if there was alignment from time to time.
On the other hand it may be more difficult for some of the locals to have them back to back, if they also go to Carlisle.

The graph provided does not present a qualified example to a location that is 60 miles to the northwest of Chicago, IL.
The pictures I included are Illinois-wide, which is why I also provided a link for Marengo (a couple of miles away from the site in Union, IL).

In addition, besides the chances of rain occurring in June or July next year is anybody's guess.
There is indeed uncertainty, which is why I noted that the figures provided were averages. This said, the averages do provide useful information.

Having (the) two shows a week apart would foot the bill by providing less time away from work/family/vacations, etc, etc...
FWIW, the opposite is true for me. Regardless, I would still attend both shows, so feel free to ignore me in the count. And, thank you once again for all the thoughtful efforts and money you put into organizing these events!

A couple videos from the ride back to Rockford (above), a shot of downtown Marengo, and some pics of the museum. Lots to see there, very cool!

IMG_9545.JPEG

IMG_9463.JPEG

IMG_9474.JPEG

IMG_9490.JPEG

IMG_9494.JPEG

IMG_9468.JPEG

IMG_9476.JPEG

I was blown away being surrounded by all these buildings....works of art by some of the master architects of the 20th century.

Marina City, one of my favorites, a.k.a. the Wilco Towers, Corn Cobs, etc....
Designed by Bertrand Goldberg, all cast in place reinforced concrete.

IMG_9576.JPEG

IMG_9580.JPEG

IMG_9596.JPEG

IMG_9603.JPEG

IMG_9611.JPEG

IMG_9612.JPEG

IMG_9713.JPEG

IMG_9604.JPEG

Last edited:
Great photos — thank you @73Coupe !

The Chicago skyline is impressive indeed. The buildings dwarf Medina, seen here (parked two blocks from the Sears Tower) from the observation deck on the 103rd floor. That was two days after @73Coupe took his shots.

E8967A4B-FA67-4D49-87BA-F01FB425CD2E.jpeg

Back