61 Fury Restoration

thanks but when I post progress in the forward look site I get no comments so I stopped posting in that site I am thinking about leaving that site and never returning

Don't take it so personal Steph. Still some good people over there and lots or resources. I still visit there for parts and information.

Rock auto has parts for the '61 at close out prices you might want to check it out
Wholesaler Closeout Parts : 1961 PLYMOUTH FURY 5.2L 318cid V8 I hope this helps on some parts. I still visit the site and see if some one is selling parts to a '61 also and some times I ask how much plus shipping
Will is right, I wouldn't abandon the place while they still might be useful to you. Lots of folks come to these forums looking for cars or parts... some of us find friendships too.

FCBO is the only place I bother to post, but I do go to the other sites that might help me with my cars when I'm looking for something.

I just can't seem to figure out facebook... the whole thing seems like a giant mess to me.

I am not going to abandon Forward look I am staying off the site for a while . I am waiting for my POR 15 . My POR 15 has arrived

Last edited:
Will some one here please answer me this question what is the color of the inside of the trunk of my '61 fury is it the color of the car or a gray? I am talking about the trunk floor not the trunk itself.

Will some one here please answer me this question what is the color of the inside of the trunk of my '61 fury is it the color of the car or a gray? I am talking about the trunk floor not the trunk itself.

The entire trunk and the bottom of the trunk lid were gray. In some cases the bottom of the hood was also gray.

My 60 and my 61 are body color in the trunk and under the hood .... Maybe it had to do with what factory built your car but my 59 fury was grey in the trunk only.

There seems to be no definitive answer to this. My 61 Fury was gray in the trunk area, passenger compartment and under the hood. My research has turned up body color in several OEM examples. I am adapting the "Sport Tone" option on my convertible which looks like the primary body color was sprayed in place of the gray.

I was just going over a few pic's of my 61 Ply and and i am mistaken on my last post the 61 Ply was body color under the hood and trunk , but my 60 Ply was grey paint under the hood but body color in the trunk and my 59 is grey in the trunk and i would need to go over to my sons house and check to see if it was repainted under the hood at a earlier time to give an answer sorry for the misinformation. Butch

I was just going over a few pic's of my 61 Ply and and i am mistaken on my last post the 61 Ply was body color under the hood and trunk , but my 60 Ply was grey paint under the hood but body color in the trunk and my 59 is grey in the trunk and i would need to go over to my sons house and check to see if it was repainted under the hood at a earlier time to give an answer sorry for the misinformation. Butch[/QUOTE
My dad told me its gray at the bottom of the inside of the trunk

There has been times I have thought about calling it quits on the restoration of my '61 but I did some more sanding to get the cancer off and added rust converter to were it was needed. The rest of will be sand blasted.

003.jpg

004.jpg

IMG_20171023_135227.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

There has been times I have thought about calling it quits on the restoration of my '61 but I did some more sanding to get the cancer off and added rust converter to were it was needed. The rest of will be sand blasted.

Hang in there Steph. Once you park it at a show, all done and shiny, you will forget all about the work it took.

If I had the money right now I would take it to a restoration shop and have them finish it for me. I was told there is 1 in Florence, AL.

Is dad working to slow for you.....?
No Will its the '68 charger it has been a royal PITA so he is selling it .He is going over the car to make sure the next owner does not have any problems with it. The car sat for a while and I do not know how long. Once the car is gone I believe he will be working more on my car. I know I will be too.

I need to put more blaster or WD40 on the nuts and bolts so they will be easier to losen I hope to get the part that is in front of the radiator off so I can sand primmered and painted . I did not do any work on the car today I had other things I had to get done . I wish I had it done right now because I would be decorating it for the Minor Hill Christmas parade right now. This is how I would decorate it Fake snow on the roof hood and trunk some on the sides of the car. a town in the back window , Fake presents in the back seat and the Christmas bears holding battery operated candles, Garland on the outside of the car battery operated Christmas lights and candy cane in the front and some fake snow on the front bumper with garland around it and Christmas lights too . I would also have a CD player playing Classic Country Christmas music.

I applied some more oil to the bolts so they would be easier to remove . I also sanded these to get the rust from the bottom and added rust converter and I also sanded the top as well . I am not sure what these are called . I just wanted something to do . I also added rust converter . I need to let it dry and apply another coat

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

Back