61 Fury Restoration

I got to apply another coat of rust converter on these and I will take a photo of that when it gets done but its late and I am not going down in the garage. OK I am back. The trunk floor was prepared for rust converter and I added 2 coats to were I needed to but I did 3 coats instead

006.jpg

007.jpg

011.jpg

010.jpg

Last edited:
The cancer part of the trunk was cut out . New metal was welded on and the glass bondo applied . It was sanded and regular bondo was added on and now its sitting over night and will be sanded again

001.jpg

001.jpg

IMG_20171206_153226.jpg

Primer applied to the trunk. It will need to set over night sanded and another coat of primer applied. It will be slow Old Fart Winter is here.

025.jpg

026.jpg

027.jpg

028.jpg

I hope to have it back on the road by April or June the latest. I will be getting a front disc brake conversion kit for it

I wont be doing my part working on it for a while I am sick with a cold , I did get a flu shot back in November

I am over the crud but I still take 1000 mg of Vitamin C and multi vitamin every day. I was informed the car will be ready for paint by spring time and back on the road . The 1st show might be TN valley mopars which will be June 16th

To my fellow '61 fury owners Rock Auto has a close out sale on some parts for yours and my car. I ordered some parts at this price . My braked were bled today . I also found out the tires on my '61 are 15 years old so it will be short trips when I start driving the car again . I will need to save for tires.

Last edited:
Back