61 Fury Restoration

More work got done today the trunk will be painted either tomorrow or the next day. I got to get another can of flat black spray paint ( Rustolium)

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

Another photo of the trunk The carpet and the trunk card board kit will not be installed until the outside of the car is painted

001.jpg

The trunk was a gray color but the outside on this 1 was red and white. I am repainting the car black

Last edited:
I'm not familiar with the '61 Plymouths. Should the trunk also be body color?

Most forward look Mopar's were a dull gray color, a lot like epoxy primer, in the trunk area, under side of deck lid and hood and the interior compartment. As with the Mopar rule there are exceptions.

Will, how is the progress on Virgil coming along?

Hey Bob, Virgil hasent received much love lately. I,ve got everything I need to reassemble the dash, and a bunch of the components are finished and ready to go back. The body guy has dragged his feet a little while I was gone for the winter. But, no matter. My priority right now is getting the house in shape to list. Probably another month of hard work.
Virgil will be there.

The radio that works is in the process of being installed in the car. I also did another video. I am sorry I could not find country music from 1961

Last edited:
The radio works I will be using the other 1 that does not work for parts. I was wondering is there a way to add a 2nd speaker to 1 that is for 1 speaker only? Were is the fuse box located on my '61 will some one here please tell me

Last edited:
The radio works I will be using the other 1 that does not work for parts. I was wondering is there a way to add a 2nd speaker to 1 that is for 1 speaker only? Were is the fuse box located on my '61 will some one here please tell me
My 60 doesnt have a fusepanel, maybe someone can help us both here. Im thinking about in line fuses to everything, dont need a electrical meltdown

Its almost ready for the new suit. It might make it to the Tennessee Valley Mopar show on June 16th at the Huntsville Dragway. If it does not make it then my 2016 Challenger will sub for it

Back