61 Fury Restoration

It had a bath today I had to remove the dust so I can get it ready for some primer. The front brakes locked because it sat for a while but I am thinking about converting to front disc brakes on the car. I even did a live video on face book

1961 fury cleaned for primering.jpg

'61 fury cleaned for primer pt 2.jpg

Here is more progress the fury script was removed from the passenger side . The surface rust was grinded off and rust converter was applied . The spray can primer was removed also

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

009.jpg

011.jpg

prepping for primer and right now its being primered but the car is being primered and I was chased out of the garage for the time being

025.jpg

026.jpg

027.jpg

031.jpg

032.jpg

Today the left front fender was removed and the inside was wirebrushed, grinded and sanded to get rid of the surface cancer. Its being prepped for the POR 15

084.jpg

085.jpg

086.jpg

Agree. but down around these parts it's "Sweet tea". :poke:
Its Crystal light rasberry tea and yes its good I had some Here is some more progress POR 15 was applied to inside of the fender and a metal patch had por 15 added and welded on and some of the trimming around the windshield was removed.

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

Last edited:
Here is more progress I sanded off the surface rust blew off the dust and applied por 15. My dad applied glass bondo in a spot and regular in another spot

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

Back