65 Blue

Senator Leahy

Reaction score
Hey everyone, just found this forum and am happy to be on it. I finally got the cruiser I've been looking for and stumbled on a 1965 Chrysler New Yorker . I bought it a few days after thanksgiving and I've done a few minor obvious things to it, plugs, wires, points, motor mount bushings, valve cover gaskets and studs and still going to do a few things myself before I get it into a shop for the rest. Looking forward to getting questions answered and learning more about these rad machines!!!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

:welcome:............ a stately C body you have there....... Is she originally from California?

It's not the original color blue but I'm alright with it for now. I have plans to paint her black with some pin striping.

Nice car, welcome to the site from the Motor City!

Welcome aboard from Canada. Nice slabside you have there. What sorts of things do you have lined up for the shop to do? Some of the guys here are knowledgeable and are glad to help. BTW after this winter I'm jealous of anyone who lives in California.

:sSig_greetingsthor: ....... :welcome: .........
Thats a beautiful New Yorker you have there.......

Leahy ..... Leahy ....:thinker: .. Any relationship to Jim Leahy of the Sunnydale trailer park....? He drove a NYB.

:sSig_greetingsthor: ....... :welcome: .........
Thats a beautiful New Yorker you have there.......

Leahy ..... Leahy ....:thinker: .. Any relationship to Jim Leahy of the Sunnydale trailer park....? He drove a NYB.

Yeah...I'm Jim's alcoholic love child.

Welcome aboard from Canada. Nice slabside you have there. What sorts of things do you have lined up for the shop to do? Some of the guys here are knowledgeable and are glad to help. BTW after this winter I'm jealous of anyone who lives in California.

I'm not really sure yet on what I would have planned to be done at the shop. Just stuff that I don't quite have the knowledge about. But that's the reason I'm on this forum now! And as for the weather down here, we haven't had much of a winter lately until this weekend so it's been great for workin on the yorker. BTW people I'm looking for a driver side front window mechanism for it. She's manual windows, not power, if anyone has one kicking around or maybe knows of something else compatible. CHEERS.

I am not too far from you and have had my 65 Newport since 1991. Originally it was from San Luis Obispo, CA and still has almost no rust despite sitting outside for 7 yrs in GA. I expect yours is similar. These cars are quite similar to the other 60's Mopars, so there is much info out there. However, the parts are much rarer (suspension, brakes, ...). Almost all engine parts and things like radiators and power steering interchange with even the smallest Mopars (A-body Dart, Valiant, Barracuda). Even many interior parts interchange like door handles, switches, ... Indeed, some parts are general for all cars, like brake shoes. If you have storage room, might be smart to store away an automatic tranny if you find one, since your 65's is one year only. The only one with cable-shift (early cars) and a sliding yoke output (later cars). There was one for sale at the Mopars in the Park show a few years ago. Of course, some go resto-mod and install anything they want, like a modern Mopar Hemi & tranny. It's your car so have fun.

I am not too far from you and have had my 65 Newport since 1991. Originally it was from San Luis Obispo, CA and still has almost no rust despite sitting outside for 7 yrs in GA. I expect yours is similar. These cars are quite similar to the other 60's Mopars, so there is much info out there. However, the parts are much rarer (suspension, brakes, ...). Almost all engine parts and things like radiators and power steering interchange with even the smallest Mopars (A-body Dart, Valiant, Barracuda). Even many interior parts interchange like door handles, switches, ... Indeed, some parts are general for all cars, like brake shoes. If you have storage room, might be smart to store away an automatic tranny if you find one, since your 65's is one year only. The only one with cable-shift (early cars) and a sliding yoke output (later cars). There was one for sale at the Mopars in the Park show a few years ago. Of course, some go resto-mod and install anything they want, like a modern Mopar Hemi & tranny. It's your car so have fun.

Ya, I have heard the parts for the 413s are rare since they went to the 440s in 66. Are you in SLO?

You guyz in centeral Ca. have one of the finest Bone Yardz on the planet in your back yard and definitly within one day 'round trips for yeah. Place is called Big-M auto in Williams,Ca. rite on I-5 'bout an hour north of Sacramento. Pull him up on your 'puter and take the tour. If my head iz workin' rite I think the ownerz name iz Jim. A real good guy to deal with, Jer

You guyz in centeral Ca. have one of the finest Bone Yardz on the planet in your back yard and definitly within one day 'round trips for yeah. Place is called Big-M auto in Williams,Ca. rite on I-5 'bout an hour north of Sacramento. Pull him up on your 'puter and take the tour. If my head iz workin' rite I think the ownerz name iz Jim. A real good guy to deal with, Jer

I have heard of it and have emailed Jim back and forth on the web but I haven't been there yet. One of these days I'll make it up there. It's about 3 hours from where I'm at :)

Back