65 fury convertible top

TerryM

Reaction score
After being apart for 30 years I have started assembling my convertible top frame. Does anyone have some detailed pics of how the the top material attaches to the tub area. I believe I am missing some items.

1199.jpg

After being apart for 30 years I have started assembling my convertible top frame. Does anyone have some detailed pics of how the the top material attaches to the tub area. I believe I am missing some items.

View attachment 316916
If you take the chrome off you will see how it attaches. I believe there is a retainer strip under the chrome. I’ll look for some pics later.

If you take the chrome off you will see how it attaches. I believe there is a retainer strip under the chrome. I’ll look for some pics later.
I’ve just screwed the chrome on. I thought there might be something that screws underneath but I don’t believe I have those bits

Found the pics. There are metal strips located underneath the chrome that retains the fabric. You will also find a similar stop along the front Edge of the top that comes into contact with the windshield.

A44F3108-88F3-45A8-90D0-9F57A2F638A0.jpeg

95136875-EE82-4594-9E61-C1427908EAFC.jpeg

107E8B42-634D-4F9A-BD14-8A12D80B0AD3.jpeg

Thank you. I managed to find the longer pieces but I’m short the corner pieces. I’ll have to try and chase a set up. Thank you for your help I really appreciate it.
These may be tough to find. Let us know how it goes as there are several people on this site who have lines on parts for these cars.
Also I love Brisbane and have had the opportunity to travel there many times. I can only imagine how nice it would be to drive a drop top around there especially a North American made one.

These may be tough to find. Let us know how it goes as there are several people on this site who have lines on parts for these cars.
Also I love Brisbane and have had the opportunity to travel there many times. I can only imagine how nice it would be to drive a drop top around there especially a North American made one.
It’s certainly a nice time of the year here but in s couple of months it gets too hot to be out with the top down . Skin cancer capital of the world here. I have a few spare straight sections so might do some modifications

Back