'65 Fury III - Windlace? Lock knobs?

barsteel

Reaction score
Hello!

I'm going through the interior in my '65 Fury III hardtop to make sure it's 100%. The previous owner pretty much slapped the panels, rug, and seat in, and that's it.

I pulled the rear side panel to remove the quarter window so I would refasten it to the metal frame, and while doing so, saw what appear to be windlace clips along the vertical inner surface of the door jamb.

Is there supposed to be windlace here?

If so, can anyone supply me with a pic so I can see exactly how it's supposed to be positioned?

Also - Second but somewhat unrelated question - what type and color of lock knobs should the car have?

Thanks...

Chris

wind1.jpg

wind2.jpg

Last edited:
Hello!

I'm going through the interior in my '65 Fury III hardtop to make sure it's 100%. The previous owner pretty much slapped the panels, rug, and seat in, and that's it.

I pulled the rear side panel to remove the quarter window so I would refasten it to the metal frame, and while doing so, saw what appear to be windlace clips along the vertical inner surface of the door jamb.

If so, can anyone supply me with a pic so I can see exactly how it's supposed to be positioned?

Also - Second but somewhat unrelated question - what type and color of lock knobs should the car have?

Thanks...

Chris
There is windlace that goes there. You buy it to match the color of the interior at the rear panels. It uses the clips to hold it to the sheet metal, the sewn end goes behind the panel on the sides, folds under the panel at the top and goes under the sill plate at the bottom. When you fold it over at the top ( where it goes under the top of the rear panel )there is a small screw to hold it securely in place. You will have to remove about an inch of the inner cord to get a nice fold at the top. The knobs on mine were chrome to match all the chrome on the interior but you can buy just about any color you like - it's personal taste.

Hello!

Thanks...

Chris

Here you go:

20150703_171424.jpg
20150703_171412.jpg

This is on a 4DSD, but the clips are the same as your car.

Lots more pics Here:

'67 Newport headliner, windlace, and trim | For C Bodies Only Classic Mopar Forum

Windlace(or windcord according to the FSM)installation starts on page 2.

Hope the input helps.

John

This thread helped me a lot.
Need some help with door seals (65 Fury 2 dr hardtop)

Also, there is a U shaped seal at the rear window. (I just stuck my old one up there for you to see positioning, it is made of rubber with a metal backer).

Also, I have an unidentified piece, if any one knows where that piece goes.

That looks like the piece that mounts at the front edge of the door glass. The door weatherstrip terminates under it.

In other words, it's the opposite piece of the one in your first pic. Mounts at the front edge of the door above the hinge.

Hope the input helps.

John

That looks like the piece that mounts at the front edge of the door glass. The door weatherstrip terminates under it.

In other words, it's the opposite piece of the one in your first pic. Mounts at the front edge of the door above the hinge.

Hope the input helps.

John

Yes you are right, I found it in the FSM. The illustration isn't that good, and my parts were bent, think I got it though. Thanks John-Doug

Back