65 fury. what's it worth?

ripewithdecay

Reaction score
I have seen this fury I for sale for quite awhile around my town. Just wondering what its really worth. Here's a picture of it: http://s71.photobucket.m/albums/i153/andrew_g_pearson/?action=view&current=5329221_1_zps6ee30f09.jpg

And the description:$2500. 65 plymouth, 4 speed ,400 big block, 2-door post, 70000 miles, about 2000 on motor, all new pumps, clutch, rings, heads, bearing, most rubber on car has been replaced, redone brakes.

Basically I'm just looking for a bargain to cruise around town in and something to wrench on and paint. I'm new to Mopar so I just need some advice. I had to sell my previous classic when we had a baby this year and I really miss it. Anyways I stopped by and briefly looked at it today ( owner wasn't around) and noticed some obvious things it will need. Windshield is cracked, side mouldings, front seat cover, carpet. If I understand correctly the 400 really isn't the most desirable motor to be in the car, but it doesn't really bother me that's it not original. One of the main things I like is that its a 4 speed manual, my last classic was as well and I just enjoy it. The body seemed solid with some minor surface rust around the trim above the doors. The dash is all there and in tact. So what would a fair price be on the car? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited:
Not sure what happened to my OP but here it is again.

I have seen this fury I for sale for quite awhile around my town. Just wondering what its really worth. Here's a picture of it: http://s71.photobucket.m/albums/i153/andrew_g_pearson/?action=view&current=5329221_1_zps6ee30f09.jpg

And the description:$2500. 65 plymouth, 4 speed ,400 big block, 2-door post, 70000 miles, about 2000 on motor, all new pumps, clutch, rings, heads, bearing, most rubber on car has been replaced, redone brakes.

Basically I'm just looking for a bargain to cruise around town in and something to wrench on and paint. I'm new to Mopar so I just need some advice. I had to sell my previous classic when we had a baby this year and I really miss it. Anyways I stopped by and briefly looked at it today ( owner wasn't around) and noticed some obvious things it will need. Windshield is cracked, side mouldings, front seat cover, carpet. If I understand correctly the 400 really isn't the most desirable motor to be in the car, but it doesn't really bother me that's it not original. One of the main things I like is that its a 4 speed manual, my last classic was as well and I just enjoy it. The body seemed solid with some minor surface rust around the trim above the doors. The dash is all there and in tact. So what would a fair price be on the car? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

whoops

Not sure what happened to my original post but here it is again.

whoops

Not sure what happened to my original post but here it is again.

Lets try this again

Sorry if this ends up being posted multiple times. I posted from my cell and it messed things up.

I have seen this fury I for sale for quite awhile around my town. Just wondering what its really worth. Here's a picture of it: View attachment 8541
Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android

Can't open the attachment. Nothing wrong with a 400.........just as dependable as a 383 or a 440. The question would be how good was the rebuild.

Since the 400 is a replacement, it would be wise to check the driver's side motor mount to see how the swap was handled. The 65 is an oddball mount and if the block does not have the bosses on the front it may not be installed correctly. DAMHIK.

This is what the mount looks like

1d57910c.jpg

There should be two bolts into the bosses on the front of the block and one onto the ear at the side.

12c4f087.jpg

Am I correct in my thinking no 400 should have those '65 only style bosses?

And WELCOME to the forum, Ripe. I'm dying to see some pics if possible.
Without them, that car could be anywhere from a 400 dollar car to a ten thousand dollar car.

Last edited:
WOW.....! BLUEFURY LIKEY......!!!!!!

But i thought all the 65 big blocks were turquoise...... Silly me. :giggle:

Does a moderator have to approve every post? I posted something earlier today and it posted immediately. Now I cant seem to post the picture.

Back