'65 New Yorker - Very Far Gone

Reaction score
Visited a yard today, in PA. Went there to look at their '65 New Yorker.

Just thought I'd share a few pics.

IMG_8247.JPG

IMG_8248.JPG

IMG_8249.JPG

IMG_8250.JPG

IMG_8251.JPG

IMG_8252.JPG

What other Mopars were there? I know somebody here will tune in on that A body... I'm a Formal guy... and even though I suck at it, there are some who only want the fender tag information.

Nice find (the yard) and sorry the New Yorker was so rough...

You should go back and pull the beltline molding and harvest the clips. No one reproduces them and that car is a prime donor.

You must be 9 feet tall!
Standing on the roof of the car in front of it. It is a 3 acre lot, run by third generation. Did not notice many other Mopars. Les's Auto Salvage, Honey Brook. I want to go back maybe in early Fall and do some harvesting. I didn't take a picture of the fender tag but looked at it . The color was Persian White with red interior. Bench seats. Bumpers both dented, car had been hit in the rear. Some good moldings left on the car, yes.

Standing on the roof of the car in front of it. It is a 3 acre lot, run by third generation. Did not notice many other Mopars. Les's Auto Salvage, Honey Brook. I want to go back maybe in early Fall and do some harvesting. I didn't take a picture of the fender tag but looked at it . The color was Persian White with red interior. Bench seats. Bumpers both dented, car had been hit in the rear. Some good moldings left on the car, yes.

The molding clips are golden!

I have not salvaged moldings like these. I reached into my car tonight and it is hard to reach the clips and I'm wondering about the one(s) in the area near where antenna is. How does on get to those clips? (This car had a rear antenna but I think you know the location I mean - if the car had an antenna in the front of the car.)

I have not salvaged moldings like these. I reached into my car tonight and it is hard to reach the clips and I'm wondering about the one(s) in the area near where antenna is. How does on get to those clips? (This car had a rear antenna but I think you know the location I mean - if the car had an antenna in the front of the car.)
Those clips look like these. They have to be removed from the topside. The small dowel in the middle needs to be removed and then the clip can be pried out gently so you don't break off any of the fingers that hold it in place.

clips.jpg

You should get plastic pry bars from Harbor Freight or an Auto Parts store to remove the molding. The very front of the fender molding and the very rear of the quarter molding are held on by clips that look similar but are threaded. These can be accessed through the engine bay and trunk and will have to be removed before the molding will come off. You should salvage the threaded clips too as they are also not reproduced. Don't worry about salvaging the dowels as those can be sourced from Mr. G's in Texas.

OK. I will be prepared next time I go to the yard. The front fender molding though, I am guessing that will come loose if I unscrew or take out the clips that I access through the engine bay.

Here's another photo from the yard, but not of Mopars. Old next to new.

IMG_8243.JPG

OK. I will be prepared next time I go to the yard. The front fender molding though, I am guessing that will come loose if I unscrew or take out the clips that I access through the engine bay.

Here's another photo from the yard, but not of Mopars. Old next to new.

WOW... that place is a jungle... you're gone need a brush cutter to do much more in there.

Y'all know if those clips would work for a 66 sport fury? If they would, I'll gladly pay someone to pick them up. If not, can anyone direct me where to find some?

Back