'66 Chrysler front bump stops

TNT_wagon

Reaction score
Hey everybody, how's it going?
I'm putting the front suspension back together in my Town & Country.
Does anyone know the specs for the upper control arm bump stops?
All I have is about a 2" base with some rubber and a 3/8 stud on it.
Are they supposed to be the same size as the lowers?

No, Uppers and Lowers are very different, the Lowers are physically much bigger....
I have plenty of both of them....

I have all fifteen ( 15 ) pieces of your Front End ---

SUSPENSION : Upper and LOWER Ball Joints, Upper and LOWER Control Arm Bushings......

STEERING : Inner and Outer Tie Rods, TIE ROD SLEEVES, Idler Arm , and PITMAN ARM......

THE REST : Strut Rod Bushings , Inner and Outer Sway Bar Frame Bushings , Upper and Lower Control Arm Bumpers/
Bump Stops .....

P.M. me, as per forum rules, if interested.... Craig.....

The rubber items mentioned should be the same all the way up to the 1973 model year C-body cars, I suspect. The uppers might even cross into other Chrysler platforms of that time?

CBODY67

" C " ONLY on the Upper & Lower Bumpers / Bump Stops......1965 - 1973 " C " --- ALL --- ONLY ---

I have all the " A " , " B " and " E " also.....

I have been servicing people with Antique and Classic cars for 53 years ---- and I have N E V E R had to give anyone specs on any Rebound Bumper / Bump Stop..
Did you get the wrong one from 28 different nitwits out there ?????

The Upper Control Arm Rebound Bumper / Bump Stops have :
3/8 " Coarse thread stud in the exact center of the conical shaped / flat base Bumper--- stud length is 15 / 16 " .....
The base is 1 1/2 " wide , the height from the base is 1 1/2 "......

The Lower Control Arm Rebound Bumper / Bump Stops have :
3/8 " Coarse thread stud in the exact center of the conical shaped / flat base Bumper--- stud length is 15/16 " .......
The base is 2 " wide , the height from the base is 2 3/4 " .........

I have been servicing people with Antique and Classic cars for 53 years ---- and I have N E V E R had to give anyone specs on any Rebound Bumper / Bump Stop..
Did you get the wrong one from 28 different nitwits out there ?????

The Upper Control Arm Rebound Bumper / Bump Stops have :
3/8 " Coarse thread stud in the exact center of the conical shaped / flat base Bumper--- stud length is 15 / 16 " .....
The base is 1 1/2 " wide , the height from the base is 1 1/2 "......

The Lower Control Arm Rebound Bumper / Bump Stops have :
3/8 " Coarse thread stud in the exact center of the conical shaped / flat base Bumper--- stud length is 15/16 " .......
The base is 2 " wide , the height from the base is 2 3/4 " .........
Thanks for the info

They are Inexpensive enough --- did you want them ???

Or are you going to make them yourself, out of a stack of unused condoms ( LOL ) ????

Back