66 monaco

monaco

Reaction score
I'm converting my 66 monaco to disk brakes. I'm having a hard time finding lower ball joints. Can I use the original drum ball joints and arms for drum brakes on disk brake setup? Also where can I get them?

Thanks

Provided you are using 69-72 or 73 spindles, yes. 66-68 Budd 4 piston discs spindles, no.

The lower ball joint is just one of many reasons not to use the 66-68 Budd system.

Kevin

When I Google lower ball joints it says for drum brakes and some are for disk brakes. What is the difference if the drum brake ball joints work?

In 66 they had Budd disc brakes as an option and it uses a balljoint made from unobtanium. 65-73 uses the same balljoint UNLESS it is a 66-68 Budd disc car.

If you are Googling balljoints for your Monaco, that is why it shows 2 different parts. If you check for say a 70 Monaco, it should show the same part# for disc or drum.

Kevin

In 66 they had Budd disc brakes as an option and it uses a balljoint made from unobtanium. 65-73 uses the same balljoint UNLESS it is a 66-68 Budd disc car.

If you are Googling balljoints for your Monaco, that is why it shows 2 different parts. If you check for say a 70 Monaco, it should show the same part# for disc or drum.

Kevin
awesome thankyou.

Back