67 new yorker drum brakes

peterlucas

Reaction score
I am doing a complete over haul on my brakes, new master cylinder, shoes,wheel cylinders, spring hardware etc, i am having trouble finding front shoes, the only ones i could find are 3" wide but in the owners manual it says only police cars and the High performance 440 version were fitted with 3" wide shoes.
I took the wheel off and couldnt get the drum off easily so had a bit of a measure and the drum is about 3.5" wide would this be a 3" shoe? and the manual also says my car should have 6" wide wheels the standard ones on mine are 7"

How did you measure your wheels with the tires mounted on them and on the car?

< Sent from my tablet >

i took the wheel off the car, the rim has 4 little slits around the rim where the face of the wheel meets the flat bit where the tire mounts if ya get what i mean, i slid a thin steel ruler through the slit and you can get a very accurate measurement as the ruler is only bout half an inch above the edge of the rim and it was 180ish mm = 7" , the spare in the boot is a 6"

Wheel measurement is from bead surface to bead surface for diameter and width, not the overall width or diameter.

The overall measurements on a 14" x 6" wheel will be about 15" x 7"

Backspace and offset will be measured to the outside edges.

8852NG02.gif

8852NG02.gif

Last edited:
Your brakes should be 11" x 3"...

Let's see some pictures of your car...

'67 NewYorker Apr-May 2006 (14).jpg

'67 NewYorker Apr-May 2006 (14).jpg

How come that whole metric movement died out except where it has become the biggest pain in the ***, Cars!

< Sent from my tablet >

Back