68 chrysler conv pics please

Tonybkel@newulmte

Reaction score
Does anyone have a picture of the firewall of a 68 Chrysler Newport, I have started putting it back together and unfortunately did not take it apart. I have done a 66 Belvedere, not sure how compatible they are. Thanks.

Might need a FSM for the best pictures and such as most pictures will have the engine "in the way". '65-'68 would be similar in the basic orientation of where things are.

Starting by the lh hood hinge, there's the voltage regulator, then proceeding toward the rh side . . . the power brake booster and master cylinder, the wiper motor, the outside hvac case. A wiring harness goes across the top of the cowl. The windshield washer hoses go up there, too, with a divider connector (small white plastic, one input, two outlets) to the washer nozzles.

You might get what you have and lay it all out to see what would fit where? From there, do test first and see how it goes. Hopefully, it'll all fall into place when doing that! Hoping that what's there hasn't been cut/whacked to make it harder to accomplish.

Just some thoughts,
CBODY67

CHRYSLER__1967_300_440 TNT_4828DD5E-4BCD-44FC-9CA1-6CC44D674403.jpeg.jpg

DODGE__1968_MONACO 500_440_01515_89U0tOYW1N1_1200x900.jpg

PLYMOUTH__1967_SPORT FURY_ENG_s-l1600.jpg

Nice looking job on the Plymouth! Ballast resistor in a different location, though.

CBODY67

Interesting find today, windshield wiper motor wires are all bare (mice)? went out to the 300 for spare motor and it is different, the Newport is the same as your pictures, the 300 is similar to those shown on ebay, put the 300 motor on and the arm attachment is completely different. Am going to take the arm assembly off the 300. But, is there difference in the motors all together, the 300 motor has a coil ballast resistor mounted on it and the Newport one does not? any thoughts.

The 300 above looks like a 3 speed wiper motor( @cbarge post ).
Does the car you pulled the spare from only have a 2-speed wiper motor? The switch should tell you.

The wiring harness and the switch and its wiring may look the same and will plug into the bulkhead and dash wiring no problem.
but they are very much different.
Speaking from experience using a 2 speed motor with 3 speed wiring the wipers will not park.

I got a replacement motor but the motor I took off has a resistor mounted to it and the spare does not have it? Any thoughts?

There are 2 brown wires in the harness landing at the wiper motor location, do I just install a resistor on the motor and connect them. the wiring was cut off with only 4 wires coming out of the motor?

Back