68 Fury getting a 440

My Frankenstein oil pan
[iurl="http://www.forcbodiesonly.com/mopar-forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=49756&d=1428724586"]
attachment.php
[/iurl]
Fits fine and clears the idler arm now. Next I will put the baffle in and tig weld all pieces together.

IMG_20150410_214358636.jpg

Last edited:
Also had a chance to tack the sway bar mounts in place.
[iurl="http://www.forcbodiesonly.com/mopar-forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=49757&d=1428724869"]
attachment.php
[/iurl]

IMG_20150410_220128714.jpg

Last edited:
Nice job. Way to think outside the box, or pan in this case.

"If I had a welder, I'd welded it in the morning, I'd weld it in the evening, I'd weld... alllll over this land!"

Saylor, a friend of mine down here in the San Antonio area has a good used 187 oil pan.

hey!

whats up on the 187 oil pan? is 187 part of the part number? i need to see about one of those.

P.O. put some aftermarket deep oil pan on and my steering idler arm hits it when making a tight right turn.

can you weld an oil pan? like if i carried mine to some shop, could they cut it to make a notch for the idler arm travel fit and weld it back together?

- saylor

Yesterday was a headers-day.
Tacked the right side header together. As I have learned - it is a complicate job to make it fit nicely. I looked at different options, TTI headers and I did not like the way the headers are configured on the bottom - they exit close to the engine/transmission and go under the torsion bars - which makes them stick out waay to low. I decided to route the headers between the stub frame rail and the torsion bar so it exits at the right spot and goes straight to the cutout in the back of the frame. With this setup I have about 1/2" clearance on every side of the header - is it going to be enough? I am afraid the header might touch either frame or torsion bar when the engine is vibrating - what do you folks think??
IMG_20150412_204115120.jpg

IMG_20150412_204115120.jpg

Tacked the right side header together. As I have learned - it is a complicate job to make it fit

. With this setup I have about 1/2" clearance on every side of the header - is it going to be enough? I am afraid the header might touch either frame or torsion bar when the engine is vibrating -

what do you folks think??
tQqL4w2.jpg

Why won't somebody make a simple 2.5" outlet diameter shorty header to give us that extra 1/4 width over the 2.25" outlet Hi-Po manifolds?

Back