68 Imperial Convertible on eBay (not mine)

glenbeigh196

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Pretty from a distance, but troubled by the way too low mileage ( 27,243 ) and the 67 dash veneer on a 68. Should be bronze, but it's the wood from the 67. Makes a fella wonder what else isn't the way it left Jefferson Avenue.

1968 Chrysler Imperial Crown | eBay

convertdash.JPG

Wow, that’s a good lookin ‘68!:wideyed:
I’m guessing that somebody that was mildly handy added the wood as it doesn’t look like the factory ‘67 trim.
1AB51BF4-0AC5-4DCF-B6E0-CB28C1A32B2C.jpeg

The wood is NOT from a 1967...
It was made by someone and put on the dash..
However does not seem to be on the doors
and the bronze looks like it was removed from the doors..
And what the hell is with that light switch...
The rear side marker lights are,, umm,, different..
Carpet is a mess..
Lower quarters look terrible,,
and where is the side trim....
I am not seeing a 27,000 mile California car in the least...

Sorry classicautogarage , you fell short on this one....

Great observations. This is one of those 'hookers by bar light'. Not bad at a distance, but on closer inspection, the value starts to plummet.

I usually don’t make comments on prices if I’m not buying unless it’s a formal with an asking price greater than 2500.:lol:

I bought a 68 convertible two years ago .it was sitting outside for 20+ years not the right year motor and when I cleaned out all the pine needles off the floor it had orange and brown shag carpet and it to had woodgrain dash and the imperial plastic insert on the glove box that said imperial
1105160836b.jpg

I bought a 68 convertible two years ago .it was sitting outside for 20+ years not the right year motor and when I cleaned out all the pine needles off the floor it had orange and brown shag carpet and it to had woodgrain dash and the imperial plastic insert on the glove box that said imperial View attachment 222806

What happened to that when you had done the deal?

Back