68 newport hood and trunk lid

newport1968

Reaction score
what other c body will interchange with 68 newport convertible hood and trunk lid?
thanks in advance

well all 68 Newports will share the same hood there is nothing specific about a Convertible hood. It would be easy just to find a 4 door 68 Newport they are plentiful and take the trunk and hood from it.

I would suggest Googling images of all 67 & 68 Chryslers.
I could do that and come up with a pretty accurate answer but it's 5 minutes out of my life that I will never get back for a car that I don't own.

I have a interchange book that thing is Better then the Bible but it is all packed away as I am moving.

Unfortunately there is no year range. '68's seem to be the evolution from 67 to 69 from what I've gathered over the years looking at them. I've had 2 68 NYer's.
I can't say there's any connection, body and chassis-wise with the Fuselage generation.
The Slab side Chryslers of 65 - 68 are the same under the skin.
The 65 and 66 are of the same body style and the 67 and 68 are the same and an evolution of the 65/66. Pop the hood of any 65 -68 and you are hard pressed to differentiate the years unless you're an engine detail fanatic.The 69 and up? The wing nut on the air cleaner may look the same. Like I said, two different generations.

Chassis wise, 65 - 68... as far as I'm concerned, they are the same.

Back