68 Town and Country Reverse Lights

This is so helpful thank you! I just realized I’m looking on the wrong side of the firewall!
Is mine just missing? Looks like it. And I am inside the car, looking for this, right?

IMG_3271.jpeg

Where did you find the pin that fits in the column? That’s what I need too
Lol. I was hoping that was the part you found on eBay. That little pin is impossible to find. And the folks that are willing to sell them know what they got!

I contacted Murray Park in OH (you need to get to know the valuable resource that Murray is for these C bodies) and he pulled one out of a steering column for me. A buddy tried helping me 3D print some duplicates, but none of them were strong enough.

Murray B. Park - Used and NOS Parts for Chrysler, Imperial, Dodge, Desoto, and Plymouth

Lol. I was hoping that was the part you found on eBay. That little pin is impossible to find. And the folks that are willing to sell them know what they got!

I contacted Murray Park in OH (you need to get to know the valuable resource that Murray is for these C bodies) and he pulled one out of a steering column for me. A buddy tried helping me 3D print some duplicates, but none of them were strong enough.

Murray B. Park - Used and NOS Parts for Chrysler, Imperial, Dodge, Desoto, and Plymouth
Ok thanks was worried it was that rare!

I contacted Murray and he has one! $50 so pricey but not crazy given rarity.

Keep us posted on the progress.

When I recondition my switch, I spent some extra time cleaning the rod the plastic traveler slides along (in the switch, not the pin). With the price of that little pin, and how hard it is to work in that space, I am hopeful not to have to go back.

I am still trying to figure out how to re-pop that pin though. I think there is quite the market out the for them.

Keep us posted on the progress.

When I recondition my switch, I spent some extra time cleaning the rod the plastic traveler slides along (in the switch, not the pin). With the price of that little pin, and how hard it is to work in that space, I am hopeful not to have to go back.

I am still trying to figure out how to re-pop that pin though. I think there is quite the market out the for them.
Agree! Thanks for the help!

Ok so I finally got around to this job and am happy to report that backup lights are now working!! I installed the small used pin I bought from Murray Park - key thing there was to drive the inner pin ALL THE WAY DOWN. Otherwise it popped back out. I had to use a large set of wide pliers for the final quarter inch. Then I set the NOS switch I bought on eBay. Had to search the bolt bin for a few screws as I didn’t have any original to hold it. Also used some washers to keep the screws from travelling too far into the column. But it works!!! Nothing more satisfying than getting the car back to what its original creators intended. Thank you all for the help here - including the pics you sent of it in place. I reviewed those a lot. My final piece of this is to figure out where I can get power for a set of gauges the prior owner installed (temp, oil pressure) because he was using the female connector pin for the backup lights to power the gauges!

This is great to hear. Very satisfying indeed to get those reverse lights working again.

This is what I did on my 68 NYer. Unscrew the fuse block and let it down. There is a thin plastic cover on the back. Under there you will find some 1/4" spades you can connect to for drawing power. The PO had no need to disconnect the reverse lights.

This is what I did on my 68 NYer. Unscrew the fuse block and let it down. There is a thin plastic cover on the back. Under there you will find some 1/4" spades you can connect to for drawing power. The PO had no need to disconnect the reverse lights.
Thanks for the info here. I actually found an open slot in the fuse block that’s live. There’s only one side with a seat/pin so I bought this to plug into it:
https://a.co/d/ad1YYvb

Back