69 300 conv project....

Opinion............

The guys who sit at home and just write checks never do seem to get it.:soapbox: I'm happy that they can pay to preserve the cars but not caring about the bottom line is not an option for me.

OHhhhhh...... What is a trunk "carving"... anyways....? I've been in the auto industry for many years and thats a new one on me.

Terminology

Thanks for the correction. Let's call them grooves then or you do not understand this either?

OK.... I know your a foreigner, at least around these parts, so Just for you..... The correct term is "darts". Originals are stamped by very expensive and massive presses. I don't have one.
You might do some research before becomming an "expert".

Sorry everyone.... hate to get into a p*****g contest. But somebody needs to talk to this guy.
I'm starting to wish he'd bought an Oldsmobile.

Judging? If someone says perfect that's judging also. But when is a restored part perfect?

In my opinion a perfect restoration is to restore a car without updating or upgrading it by keeping in line with how it would have appeared when first offered for sale. If you choose not to it's fine for me. For me a complete restoration includes not only repair of the parts that can be seen but also the parts that are not necessarily visible or otherwise evident... such as trunk metal.

Nevertheless, I like every 1969 300 as long as I can identify it as a 69...

Good luck with your restoration...

Last edited:
I do not intend to frustrate your restoration work or to judge your hard work... Keep on going!

About the oldsmobile. I had only one American car before and that was an .......... oldsmobile 1976 custom cruiser many years ago. Sorry I prefer a chrysler 300 Convertible. Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser.jpg

Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser.jpg

When I was a kid, I came across a grey beard biker (this was the late 50's so he was the real thing - not a wannabe) who was working on his bike in his driveway. Quiet. Solemn. Intense. He let me stand there and watch him without saying a word. I saw tattoos on his arms.
One his right arm, it said "If you don't can't work with... " and on his left arm: "...your hands, you ain't ****"
That man changed my life and he never knew it.

Built for comfort.......

Additional original factory equipment being added to my 300 is a driver power seat, power door locks, remote trunk release & power front disc brakes. And if I can locate a console mounted "econo meter" it will be added. I'd like to add a "hidden" modern sound system but havent figured out where yet. I may have the original am radio converted to use a MP3 player.

This car will be in use almost every weekend and for several long distance driving trips per year. My focus is to make it as nice and comfortable a road car as I can.

The trunk pan is a rough copy. I am afraid they 'forgot' the (very important) horizontal and diagonal grooves. Is this pan strong enough for the side forces? I also miss the drain holes.

Do I see bad welding/finishing in right upper corner?

Good luck with the finishing.

I believe your "spatter" is the wrong color 187134 2004  trunk pan center.jpg

oh, and remove it from the torsion bars ......Hows that feel?

187134 2004  trunk pan center.jpg

Underhood project...

The underhood portion of Jezabelle's refurbishment is about complete. All reassembled and back running again.
The wheel tubs will go back in after the car is painted and the remainder of the detail finished then.

Just need to get over the paint hurdle now. Stainless trim is all polished, chrome complete, interior is ready to go back in. The reassembly will go quickly once back from the paint shop.
The Daytona Turkey Run is looking like a go.
(She's already regestered).

69 engine detail progress (Large).jpg

engine assembled 2 (Large).jpg

69 engine detail progress 2 (Large).jpg

engine assembled (Large).jpg

Back