Status
Not open for further replies.

68NHP

Reaction score
Contact seller
No affiliation.

1969 Dodge Polara 500 Convertible

00n0n_i3NxQCdBqrZ_600x450.jpg

This 1969 Dodge Polara 500 convertible has been in the family since new. My father bought it new off the showroom floor. Been used as a driver. Then as a driver at a vacation home. Top has been replaced. New boot cover. High Performance 383 motor with new 4-barrel carb. Motor rebuilt to run on unleaded gas (hardened)- front disk brakes installed (aftermarket)- new brake master, starter and 4-barrel carb. Car had a once-over as it had been in storage for a while.

Optional Super Lite. Power seats and windows. Power top works well and quickly. Cracked dash and windshield. Just over 90,000 original miles. Have some spare parts, shop manual and maintenance records that will go with car.

Although records not that good for the 69 model year, I am to understand under 600 Polara 500s produced and sold.

Polara's are fun cars but really need to have the top down to enjoy the beauty of this big beast.

upload_2017-2-27_19-9-49.png

Think the original color is B3.....
Wrong mirrors on the car....
Don,t think the seats are original but maybe a option ?

70 Chrysler 300 bucket seats (sans headrests) but at least the door/side panels are correct for a Polara and enough body waves to make me want to see the car in person with my coating thickness meter (repainted too, so what does it cover up)? It looks more like 190K miles to me given the overall wear it is showing, so that is suspect to me as well (maybe there is documentation being in the same family all these years?). But it does present itself well from 20 ft. And the trim seems to be all there (hard to find any more). No a/c and radio delete(?) but does have power windows. I would like to see the body code plate. A nice restoration candidate, but lack of options and other unknowns at this point makes me pause a little on the price. But the price seems not to be too far off though given the rarity and desirability of this model.

Last edited:
I agree that it is the wrong paint color especially when looking at the firewall and supports. 3-5k for interior repairs and not sure what to do with current paint. Sides look shinney and top of trunk is flat......$8,000. maximum

Give me the teal one the other day on FB....did he ever answer if it was for sale and price????

70 Chrysler 300 bucket seats (sans headrests) but at least the door/side panels are correct for a Polara and enough body waves to make me want to see the car in person with my coating thickness meter (repainted too, so what does it cover up)? It looks more like 190K miles to me given the overall wear it is showing, so that is suspect to me as well (maybe there is documentation being in the same family all these years?). But it does present itself well from 20 ft. And the trim seems to be all there (hard to find any more). No a/c and radio delete(?) but does have power windows. I would like to see the body code plate. A nice restoration candidate, but lack of options and other unknowns at this point makes me pause a little on the price. But the price seems not to be too far off though given the rarity and desirability of this model.

I think it might just be "right" depending on your plans.
If I would live in LA: Great daily driver !
Disc brakes for the traffic, 383 Hi Po for enough power "to go"
Waivy body and cheap paint is perfect for the Walmart parking lot.
Being in southern California: Never close the top.

Great daily for LA

Carsten

Great daily for LA

Carsten

Naw, needs 440HP and a/c at a minimum, and of course I wouldn't accept a daily driver like that unless it had its original paint! :rolleyes: :poke:

I agree that it is the wrong paint color especially when looking at the firewall and supports. 3-5k for interior repairs and not sure what to do with current paint. Sides look shinney and top of trunk is flat......$8,000. maximum

Give me the teal one the other day on FB....did he ever answer if it was for sale and price????

The one with green interior or another one......?

Naw, needs 440HP and a/c at a minimum, and of course I wouldn't accept a daily driver like that unless it had its original paint! :rolleyes: :poke:

AC? In a vert? Roll down the windows and enjoy fresh air from outside.
Of course it should be original paint but considering the traffic in LA it might be better to enjoy a older repainted car. Doesn't hurt so much to fix the dents and scratches from the other drivers

AC in vert is Importan to me for the cool breeze. A car that old with original paint at 100 would be surprising I think. If it doesn't have any body repair and new paint at that age and still looks really good it should be a much more expensive car. My .02

Great daily for LA

Carsten
just what I was thinking on that "just sold" Ebay 70 300 TNT convert...but don't tell Gary, he already things I'm out of my gourd I'm sure....

For Christ's sake vacuum the interior and clean the leaves off the cowling you lazy -------

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back