6th Annual C Body Show

The countdown has started.
Just 4 days left to prep for Volo.

Well, here we are. We've made it to the eve of the 6th annual C Body Show at Volo.
Been watching the weather all week. It looks like it's going to be a hot one tomorrow. Be sure to bring your sunscreen and plenty of water.
Looking forward to seeing all the people that will be joining us this year and of course, all the rides that will be there.
As of now, there are 43 C bodies registered and somewhere around 80 people.
If everyone makes it, our 6th show will be the largest gathering of C Bodies since the event started.
I'll be signing out now, as there is a bunch of things I still need to do in the next 24 hours.
See everybody tomorrow.

Last time at volo was hot but no rain, everywhere else, rain! Guess we'll take hot.

Hi, just wondering, if we get there early, will we be able to pull into the show field or will we be on the shoulder of the road? Mike

The museum is fenced off to prevent cars from entering the property.
Depending when you arrive, if you can't get in there is a lot of room on the side of the road (west side of property) to line up to wait until the gates open.
There isn't a lot of traffic driving on the road west of the museum.
I imagine the gates will open around 8:30

If all goes well, @Ripinator and I will meet up in Chicago at 8:45AM, join @71Polara383 before 10am, and the three of us should reach Volo by 11AM. Look forward to the show -- thanks again @sixpkrt for having the idea and for all the hard work!

If all goes well, @Ripinator and I will meet up in Chicago at 8:45AM, join @71Polara383 before 10am, and the three of us should reach Volo by 11AM. Look forward to the show -- thanks again @sixpkrt for having the idea and for all the hard work!
what route are you taking? @SGVert was also interested in caravans but he's wanting to go earlier than I'm able to.

I know that I'll be looking forward to the forthcoming pictures of the event. The C-Body and Mopars in the Park shows are on my list of shows I want make sometime.

Frankie and I made it!
Checked into hotel 12:47 am. Been on the road since 8am.
Need to find a coin op car wash.

20220625_014241.jpg

Is there a car wash near by? @sixpkrt will volo be offering a hose and bucket service? :lol: Very likely I'll need a wash.

Wish I could be there again this year.
But I already did my 1500 miles in the westerly direction this year. I did get everything fixed today though. Fuel pump and rod, re made Fuel pump line, replaced fried dash voltage regulator and meterMatch. Ready to go again.

I'm currently cowering waiting to see if the 2pm expected tstorm is going to fall apart. My boat is not water tight and I had a real mess on power tour then year we overnighted in Champaign and a nasty storm came through. Cabin and trunk took on water

Back