70 Fury III 'vert bucket seat conversion

firedome

Reaction score
is something I've been thinking about doing. My old back just doesn't like bench seats anymore. I assume any C-fusey buckets '69-73 will work? ... though I vaguely recall something about 72/3 floor pans being different, or Chryslers or? Anyone know for sure?

In general,floor pans for bucket seat equipped cars have added bracing for the seats compared to bench.
No biggie-just weld in some sheetmetal tabs where the buckets bolt into the floor..
If you plan on installing a console,you will need the brackets welded onto the floor for that as well.
C body bucket seat tracks are C only BTW.
If you score a set of seats make sure the tracks are with them.
Hope this helps.

It may not matter to you but 70 seats have detachable headrests where the 71 up are high back bucket seats.

Thanks... Lea, the welding is no problem. I actually prefer the High Backs, but either would be OK, and I'm not going to do a console, I prefer to leave it as a column shift anyhow, so for simplicity I'll just add the buckets... IF I can find a decent pair that hopefully won't require shipping. I know a NY forwardlooker who has an amazing stash of huge but little known yards in central and upstate NY, I'm hoping he can come through with something. But all will be considered!

Back