70 Hemi Challenger

Anybody else catch the 68 C-body at that guy's garage? A Newport I'd guess, by the lack of side marker lights.

upload_2020-12-20_10-4-26.png

This is the rear of a 67 Chrysler Newport/New Yorker, distinctly different than 68.

upload_2020-12-20_17-30-9.png

Could it have been an option to delete the side marker? I could swear I've seen a 68 without them, but I've done some searching online and every pic of a 68 I see has them.

Maybe the owner deleted them himself when he did a repaint?

Last edited:
A mopar expert! I cringe a lil bit anytime i hear someone called that. Not saying he dont have knowledge but it comes off as pompous i feel.

He knows mopars.......this is one of his cars.....
186-jpg.jpg

I sadly saw this today that it has been consigned for the Mecum auction in Indiana, I wonder why it is being sold. Maybe financial issues, maybe he did what he wanted and got it recognized and had his fun with it and it's time to move on?? Really sad for me to see though, I love this car. I bet y'all his father is NOT happy looking down at him right now. I'm actually really anxious to see what it sells for as I saw a 1970 HEMI Cuda sell for $250,000 recently at Mecum, but this car is totally different with it's history and significance so I say more. I'm gonna throw my hat in the ring and say $375,000. I hope someone here posts what it sells for...........

https://www.hemmings.com/stories/auction-black-ghost-dodge-challenger/
Legendary "Black Ghost" Challenger up for sale by original family

I see a few wing cars and a 59 300E.
1673125747707.png

An overexagerted story. There were so many other types of musclecars that would smoke this car in the 70's. However, I do love the car and would love to own it, but not at the over inflated media hype price this car will get.

Someone posted this screenshot two hours ago on the German Mopar forum:

IMG-2667.jpg

I hope that the Black Ghost found a good new home for at least 53 years...
And hopefully he doesn't disappear into an air-conditioned garage, but is also moved on the 1/4 mile in a species-appropriate manner!

"Over-hyped"? OTHER than the 426 HEMI under the hood . . . R/T SE 4-speed with a Gator Grain top on it. A very rare car, just in that aspect of things. But one with verifiable "street cred" rather than being a "trailer queen" "too valuable to race", too. If that is too much money, then what about the Plymouth RTS show car that sold for $2.2M? On the Mecum website, the Ghost's "Sold" price is over $1M. Such a deal! Check out the "Sold" prices for other Mopars at that auction!

CBODY67

Back