70 Newport Rear springs

The bolts and nuts are in a lot better shape than what I imagined they would. They both came out nice and clean. I'm gonna reuse them. If I could some much as find a blemish on them I'd toss them but they look fantastic.

The bolts and nuts are in a lot better shape than what I imagined they would. They both came out nice and clean. I'm gonna reuse them. If I could some much as find a blemish on them I'd toss them but they look fantastic.

As I thought and thought I mentioned when you started this a month ago.... those bolts usually don't get rusted up enough to replace

It's all a learning experience, even the 4th time..... You can do it sometimes we get intimidated by the unknown.... Go get it together will ya

Congratz on your success The right bolts arrived Sat. I'm just waiting for the end of the Syracuse lacrosse game and since my team is losing the springs better go on without a hitch. Anyway here are some pix of the wrong bolts and what I hope are the right ones. Lets hope that we both get our cars together today 017.jpg016.jpg015.jpg

017.jpg

016.jpg

015.jpg

Congratz on your success The right bolts arrived Sat. I'm just waiting for the end of the Syracuse lacrosse game and since my team is losing the springs better go on without a hitch.

SU Lacrosse fan? or Johns Hopkins?

Syracuse is my home town I'm unhappy that they pulled the goal keeper and lost by one

Color me happy the springs are on, the car is up a good 4-5 inches. So how did your spring adventure turn out

That gets a humongous, Awesome Dude!!!!

And that's just beautiful...

attachment.php
Thx, Stan. I couldn't really tell in the garage so had to find a parking lot to get a full pic. Yes there is a definate lift in the rear now. Never really realize just how much sag was going on in the back end. Got a nice rake to it now...just like Dave's super nice Polara. He convinced me to go with the 7 leafs and 1" extra lift. I'm liking it.

THANKS DAVE!

Excellent! She has a much better stance now. She will settle down and soften up a bit but that's for the better. You never quite realize how much your *** is dragging until you replace the sagging springs.

Nice job Gary, your persistence is rewarded......

Yeah man, but being on my back literally all day yesterday felt like I was run over by a bus last night, lol.

But you still feel good. The mental accomplishment trumps the physical pain.

Did you take before and after measurements?

I even reminded you...... funny, I forgot on five cars...your exuberance gets ahead of you...I understand

Back