70 Newport Rear springs

Hahaha. Damn I can't believe such a little thing can hold the works up. Even if I do manage to splt the nut I don't think I'm gonna be out of the woods.

Do you think that will break them loose??? I mean I put my torque wrench to it (good amount of leverage) and neither budged. It looks like the metal is really fused together.

I keep three lengths of black pipe in my garage....small medium and 6 ft long. You need leverage and that'll get it

Torque wrench?
I hope you meant to say breaker bar.
Torque wrench. My torque wrench is pretty good size....it got the nuts off the u bolts....THAT was no mean feat..shook the whole damn car, so I would've thought it could get the nuts of the bracket bolts. No dice.

Yea, a torque wrench should never be used as a breaker bar. Depending on what type it is, you can render it inaccurate in short order.

When you are all done, send it to me and I'll check it.

Send you my torque wrench? Your able to check it for accuracy?

It needs to be checked against a known good one, for accuracy. A torque wrench is just that. If over stressed, such as removing stuck fasteners, it will effect the calibration.

Send you my torque wrench? Your able to check it for accuracy?

Yep. I work in a calibration lab (I used to be one of the owners).

Among the many other things we do, we are A2LA accredited to calibrate torque wrenches.

AFAIAC, it's a ratchet, now.
Not necessarily. Depending of the type of wrench, it may be fine or just need to be adjusted.

A good wrench (read expensive) can be sent out for repair. The HF ones are throwaways.

Back