SOLD 71 monaco survivor $10,500

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice Monaco. Where is it at Finland? If he would sell, it would be around 18-22k €. For 10-15k u get nice driver, what needs some work on interior etc. For 5-8k are projects, what has rust, mechanical issues, totally exploded interiors. That´s for 2d.
Even good condition 4d´s cost around 7-11k here. Like this Polara, 9500€ Dodge Polara Porrasperä 1971 - Vaihtoauto - Nettiauto

Nice Monaco.

Nice Monaco? LOL, that's the understatement of the year! That thing is the B-E-A-U-T-Y!

I saw it once in person here in Finland, didn't meet the owner then... He is on my MUST MEET list though.

look at that rear end....who couldn't love that....this was the car sold in ontairio 2-3 years back??....have vague memory of post but remember car..l think

I bought this Monaco from Roseville, MI. Currently car is located in Southern Finland. Heard afterward that Monaco had earlier stayed a short time period in Red Deer, Alberta, owned at that time by a very wellknown Mopar collector and a new car dealer. I have no idea why he sold this gorgeous Monaco. Maybe he came to second thoughts about having one C-body among his collection of RARE B and E-bodies.

Monaco at Porvoo 3.jpg

I bought this Monaco from Roseville, MI. Currently car is located in Southern Finland. Heard afterward that Monaco had earlier stayed a short time period in Red Deer, Alberta, owned at that time by a very wellknown Mopar collector and a new car dealer. I have no idea why he sold this gorgeous Monaco. Maybe he came to second thoughts about having one C-body among his collection of RARE B and E-bodies.

View attachment 70041

If it's the dealer principal I am thinking of, he has a few other C-bodies in his stable.

View attachment 70041

Peter Swainson the owner of Southside Dodge in Red Deer Alberta has a large collection of Mopars. It is nice when the owner is an enthusiast.....I am told

Wouldn't that be interesting if the Monaco was in that picture
Yes it would be nice, but unfortunately that picture is from too early ages. The Monaco stayed with original owner up till the mid 1990's and after his passing Monaco got the second owner.

Here's a pic taken from Monaco at Mopar Nats in 2002, being displayed at the survivors tent. The whole story of the survivor Mopars can be read from the following link

Mel's Major Survivor Group - Mopar Muscle Magazine

mopp_0203_05_z%2bsurvivors_mopar%2b1971_monaco.jpg

Peter Swainson the owner of Southside Dodge in Red Deer Alberta has a large collection of Mopars. It is nice when the owner is an enthusiast.....I am told

Not in my experience... they seem to want cheap repairs. Leave them drive something covered by warranty so the guys in the back don't get screwed. Had on who put custom aftermarket wheels on his car... brought it into the shop so we could fix it so all 4 logos would line up when he stopped. Took over an hour to get him to understand why that wouldn't work... understand was incorrect, I think it was more like accept.

brought it into the shop so we could fix it so all 4 logos would line up when he stopped.

At least you didn't have to fumigate it and take the panties out of the glovebox each time he drove something pretty on the lot....if you get my meaning...

At least you didn't have to fumigate it and take the panties out of the glovebox each time he drove something pretty on the lot....if you get my meaning...

Sorry to hear it... any wash rack boys mysteriously contracting herpes also explained...

Yes it would be nice, but unfortunately that picture is from too early ages. The Monaco stayed with original owner up till the mid 1990's and after his passing Monaco got the second owner.

Here's a pic taken from Monaco at Mopar Nats in 2002, being displayed at the survivors tent. The whole story of the survivor Mopars can be read from the following link

Mel's Major Survivor Group - Mopar Muscle Magazine

mopp_0203_05_z%2bsurvivors_mopar%2b1971_monaco.jpg

I was at the Nats in 02 and 03. . No where are the survivor Mopars more visible than in Carlisle.

I myself consider all three of mine survivors but refuse to be a part of that charade. Too stuffy under that boring tent.

And if the car came from there it could have been in the picture. That's a 72 Impala on the front line

Ok...The Monaco is a 71. So it WAS in the time frame, especially if the dealer kept this one for himself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back