Not open for further replies.

detmatt

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
This one looks very nice.

1971 Chrysler New Yorker

***Vehicle is currently located in Windsor, Ontario, Canada. Viewing arrangements can be made on weekends. Please contact me with questions.***

Numbers-matching, 64000 original miles, 3 owner, Ontario car that was owned by a Snowbird who spent winters in Miami (receipts to prove it). As it was undercoated, and garage-kept, it does not appear to have ever been driven in the salt.

440 4-bbl, 727 Trans, 8 3/4 rear axle. Originally burgundy, repainted once in a gorgeous burnished red. Interior is black with woodgrain trim, with the original blue paisley/black vinyl seats (I don't have pictures - come see it!). Power fr disc/rr drum brakes, Power steering, Non-A/C car. AM radio. The only option it has is a rear defroster.

Averages 16 mpg on the highway. Drove to Marquette, Michigan and back last July without a single issue. Drive anywhere.

Recent maintenance:
New TTI 2.5" Dual exhaust with H pipe crossover and Dynomax mufflers with Gibson chrome turndown tips (nice rumble, very reasonable volume)
Reconditioned 2.25" Exhaust manifolds from a '69 roadrunner
Brakes were recently serviced (2000 miles ago), stops without an issue.
Re-cored radiator (originally 2-core, now a 3-core)
New upper and lower rad hoses
New water pump
New belts
New fuel pump
New alternator (72+ squareback type - improved reliability, have original)
New NGK plugs and wire set
New pertronix hall effect kit (fits under distributor cap, improves spark and reliability)
K&N air filter
New PCV valve
New washer bottle (not-original, seems these are hard to find)
New starter
New motor mounts
New trans mount
New front shocks (Monroe)
New rear shocks (Gabriel)
New idler arm
New P235/75r15 Hankook Whitewall Radials (2000miles)
New interior carpet
New turn signal switch (internal to steering column)
Fresh trans fluid
Fresh oil
New battery
New battery cables
Rebuilt tail light housing, new tail lamp sockets and bulbs, was able to re-pin the original connectors so the main harness is untouched
New front headlight bulbs
Have all receipts

Everything works right down to the rear defroster, though it's never driven when cold enough to need it. Needs nothing really.

Reason for sale: Busy with new job, it's difficult to make time to give it the attention it deserves. Comes with a dual snorkel air cleaner, a set of period-correct 15x7 police rims, car cover, and a 1971 Chrysler factory service manual set.

$7000 USD OBO. No trades, please.

IMG_2455.JPG
IMG_2456.JPG
IMG_2457.JPG
IMG_2458.JPG
IMG_2459.JPG

Wow, low miles, no vinyl, no air, not green, 440 ....sedan. The perfect four door

I do like Ply/Dodge Fuselage 4-door sedans more than the 4-door Hardtops but on Chrysler&Imperials I prefer the hardtops over the sedans because they got the right rearwindow and have a lower roof than the sedans

I generally dislike the sedan B-pillar but this car is so nice I had to post it up.

I do like Ply/Dodge Fuselage 4-door sedans more than the 4-door Hardtops but on Chrysler&Imperials I prefer the hardtops over the sedans because they got the right rearwindow and have a lower roof than the sedans

I agree on the rear window ..... I guess I like a Sedan

I agree on the rear window ..... I guess I like a Sedan

I like sedans, too if they are pretty plain cosmetically. Like a cop car (marked/unmarked).
I do not like it if they are equipped with v-roofs and lots of extra moldings etc.

If a "cheap" 4dr sedan has a big motor it is another major big plus.

Looking at a Chrysler/Imperial it is a luxury car. Long, wide and low from the bodylines. Preferred with a v-roof to show more elegance.

Yea I draw the line at baby crap green like the new challenger colors.YUK!. Never could handle that! Hey, when you are 20 a fifty year old lady looks pretty bad. But at 65, they look pretty good! Same with cars, when they are in good shape, who cares about the color? HAHAHA

He says the interior is black. The photo shows some bleaching. I wouldn't try to judge the shade of the color based on one photo. Nice sedan, if those are what you are looking for.

He says the interior is black. The photo shows some bleaching. I wouldn't try to judge the shade of the color based on one photo. Nice sedan, if those are what you are looking for.

"Originally burgundy, repainted once in a gorgeous burnished red. Interior is black with woodgrain trim, with the original blue paisley/black vinyl seats."

Obviously a tag would be required fo the answer but Im betting there was fading going on and it was never really "blue"

I noticed the description "original blue paisley". Certain color pigments tend to change with age, due to exposion to UV rays. Green pigments are the most sensitive, but also dark blue, which tends to turns light blue, etc. The original black paisley nylon fabric turns blue, if exposed to sun. The fabric being nylon does not help either. I believe the seats used to be black.

But then again, anything is possible. One wrong punch on the computer card, and sooner than you know you have a New Yorker with an akward color combo. It happened, back in the day.

img_2455-jpg.118665

I like that driveway... $$$$

Windsor is a weird place. It's a blue-collar town that spends money wisely... if that makes sense?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back