For Sale '71 New Yorker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for all the compliments, guys! Didn't realize it would be so popular. But then again, I'm not very active on the forum.

It is a blue paisley, and judging on how uniform the blue is I do not believe it is a result of aging. I found it to be a unique colour combo, too, but being in such good shape I couldn't pass it up. It WAS Burgundy, and I guess had a black accent stripe, but IMHO the burnished red was a nice touch and few people notice the exterior/engine compartment difference.

Fender tag decoded:
CH41: Chrysler, High, 4 Door Sedan
T1C: Unknown
Jefferson Avenue, MI, USA
E85: 440 cid 4 barrel V8 350hp
D32: Heavy Duty Automatic Transmission
CE7: Burgundy Poly Exterior Color
M9X9: Trim - Opt. Decor Group, Unknown, Black
TX9: Black Int. Door Frames
B18: Build Date: November 18
CE7: Burgundy Poly Top Color
R13: Deluxe AM Radio (5 1/2 Watts)
L31: Hood/Fender Mounted Turn Signals
H31: Rear Window Defogger
M45: Unknown
B41: Front Disc Brakes w/Standard 10in RR Drum
V7X: Accent Stripes, Black

Thanks for all the compliments, guys! Didn't realize it would be so popular. But then again, I'm not very active on the forum.

It is a blue paisley, and judging on how uniform the blue is I do not believe it is a result of aging. I found it to be a unique colour combo, too, but being in such good shape I couldn't pass it up. It WAS Burgundy, and I guess had a black accent stripe, but IMHO the burnished red was a nice touch and few people notice the exterior/engine compartment difference.

Fender tag decoded:
CH41: Chrysler, High, 4 Door Sedan
T1C: Unknown
Jefferson Avenue, MI, USA
E85: 440 cid 4 barrel V8 350hp
D32: Heavy Duty Automatic Transmission
CE7: Burgundy Poly Exterior Color
M9X9: Trim - Opt. Decor Group, Unknown, Black
TX9: Black Int. Door Frames
B18: Build Date: November 18
CE7: Burgundy Poly Top Color
R13: Deluxe AM Radio (5 1/2 Watts)
L31: Hood/Fender Mounted Turn Signals
H31: Rear Window Defogger
M45: Unknown
B41: Front Disc Brakes w/Standard 10in RR Drum
V7X: Accent Stripes, Black

Nice driveway.

Or then someone had it reupholstered, with OEM fabric, but liked blue better than black. No?

They never produced a navy blue fabric. I've seen this "phenomenon" before. The fading is surprisingly even, but it's a fade none the less.

Who wants me to use my enhanced license to go south of the border and look at it?

Hi there guys can any one tell me if the rear bumper and tail lights off the 1971 New Yorker would bolt on to my 1971 Newport?

IMG_1970.JPG

IMG_2714.JPG

Hi there guys can any one tell me if the rear bumper and tail lights off the 1971 New Yorker would bolt on to my 1971 Newport?

A: Your car is a 1972 model, so no.

B: The 1972 version would not bolt on either without a bunch of other parts, including wiring. It would also be supreme hackery and ghey.

Thanks for that Carmine
That cleared up that then
Back to the drawing board again
Just not real happy with the rear view of the car and looking for alternatives

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back