'71 Sport Fury seat hinge cover l/r

300L

Reaction score
Today I was glad to pick up a package at the customs. I ordered the last! pair of white bucket seat hinge covers from ABC Moparts.
Problem was, that Bob wasn't shipping overseas now. A great THANK YOU goes to @detmatt who helped me out and shipped the parts to me!
The color doesn't match 100% yet, but the Interior is complete now...

20230419_140051.jpg

20230419_140132.jpg

20230419_144745.jpg

20230419_144728.jpg

Now it's closer to sales brochure ;)
71ply05s.jpg

Now if we could only figure out why some people have an aversion to shipping internationally.:wtf:

Now if we could only figure out why some people have an aversion to shipping internationally.:wtf:
Maybe the paperwork and/or the extra time at the postoffice?

But on the other hand, all parts which come to us, helps to keep the cars on the road...

Schönes Ding Jörg!

Looking great. If only they would continue the rear windows surrounds......

Danke Fabian!

When I saw that they were "out of stock" I was hoping you got them. But someone else was faster :(

When I got hinge covers last year, they were showing as out of stock. An email to Bob fixed the issue. He’s great. @saforwardlook

When I got hinge covers last year, they were showing as out of stock. An email to Bob fixed the issue. He’s great. @saforwardlook
Yes, he has very good products and has also reproduced the door pull handle straps for my Sport Fury perfect.
He must be very busy and has therefore stopped responding to my emails regarding international shipping.
Anyway, I got them thanks to Matt!

I decided to call Bob Baker today to get an update on the availability of products from his previous supplier of reproductions of the plastic parts. It seems his previous supplier has focused his attention on higher volume customers who use his reproduction services and generate more revenue for him rather than the more time consuming/more difficult reproductions that Bob requires. As such Bob has still been working with this supplier since there are no other ones anywhere near his residence in Arizona so this is his only resource at present.

After further discussion with Bob, this supplier has agreed to still make some of his products and so Bob is focusing on the higher volume orders at present. As such, Bob has received some of the bucket seat backs in white and maybe black as well for the 1970/1971 models and now he is trying to work with the supplier to make some of the lower hinge covers that are usually ordered in tandem with the seat backs. Any customers wanting different colors have to rely on using the "Herbs Paints" spray cans that Bob supplies, to match other interior colors that Chrysler used back in those days. I can say after considerable experience using "Herbs" paints that those spray cans are virtually perfect matches for all of the factory interior colors that Chrysler used. I am honestly amazed they match so well to the original interior colors in all my models.

So at least there is some hope that products will be trickling in but the more low volume ones will require much more patience unless his supplier loosens up his restrictions in the future or Bob gets more orders for the lower volume ones piling up. I also let Bob know that I too would take a few more sets of C pillar covers as well so lets hope others will chime in with orders for those as well. Bottom line is that order volumes determine the focus of his efforts with his supplier's ability to produce more limited volumes than in the past.

Bob also told me that his dashpad reproductions are focused on the higher volume models at present but dashpads are still being made as needed. If you can provide the metal cores for your particular pads, then the reproduction pad would be more likely to schedule sooner rather than later. Due to restrictions in reproduction of the number of pads being made, Bob has to focus on the pads for higher volume models that include some General Motors products as well.

Bottom line is that we have to plan longer term for the cars we need his products for and place orders well in advance of needing them.

I currently have two of my cars in the restoration process simultaneously and have placed my orders a long time ago but I still have 3 more that I want to do if allowed by my maker. I am 75 now so a ways to go now......................having something to do in retirement helps keep me in shape mentally and physically though and I do still enjoy it.

Last edited:
I also let Bob know that I too would take a few more sets of C pillar covers as well so lets hope others will chime in with orders for those as well.
Thank you for calling Bob and for the detailed update.

If the C pillar covers are the same as needed in a 1971 senior Dodge, I'll take a set of white ones for future use.

I decided to call Bob Baker today to get an update on the availability of products from his previous supplier of reproductions of the plastic parts. It seems his previous supplier has focused his attention on higher volume customers who use his reproduction services and generate more revenue for him rather than the more time consuming/more difficult reproductions that Bob requires. As such Bob has still been working with this supplier since there are no other ones anywhere near his residence in Arizona so this is his only resource at present.

After further discussion with Bob, this supplier has agreed to still make some of his products and so Bob is focusing on the higher volume orders at present. As such, Bob has received some of the bucket seat backs in white and maybe black as well for the 1970/1971 models and now he is trying to work with the supplier to make some of the lower hinge covers that are usually ordered in tandem with the seat backs. Any customers wanting different colors have to rely on using the "Herbs Paints" spray cans that Bob supplies, to match other interior colors that Chrysler used back in those days. I can say after considerable experience using "Herbs" paints that those spray cans are virtually perfect matches for all of the factory interior colors that Chrysler used. I am honestly amazed they match so well to the original interior colors in all my models.

So at least there is some hope that products will be trickling in but the more low volume ones will require much more patience unless his supplier loosens up his restrictions in the future or Bob gets more orders for the lower volume ones piling up. I also let Bob know that I too would take a few more sets of C pillar covers as well so lets hope others will chime in with orders for those as well. Bottom line is that order volumes determine the focus of his efforts with his supplier's ability to produce more limited volumes than in the past.

Bob also told me that his dashpad reproductions are focused on the higher volume models at present but dashpads are still being made as needed. If you can provide the metal cores for your particular pads, then the reproduction pad would be more likely to schedule sooner rather than later. Due to restrictions in reproduction of the number of pads being made, Bob has to focus on the pads for higher volume models that include some General Motors products as well.

Bottom line is that we have to plan longer term for the cars we need his products for and place orders well in advance of needing them.

I currently have two of my cars in the restoration process simultaneously at present and have placed my orders a long time ago but I still have 3 more that I want to do if allowed by my maker. I am 75 now so a ways to go now......................having something to do in retirement helps keep me in shape mentally and physically though and I do still enjoy it.
Thank you very much Steve for your big angargement for these special spare parts! I know you provided Bob with many of these parts as production samples and now you keep the production process going:thumbsup:

I'm pretty sure that @Stoffauge will order a set of c-pillar covers for his '71 Sport Fury too.

Thank you for calling Bob and for the detailed update.

If the C pillar covers are the same as needed in a 1971 senior Dodge, I'll take a set of white ones for future use.

I believe, @ayilar, that it would be most effective if your request came via you directly instead of me just so he mentally keeps in mind how many different customers would like them. All 1969 - 1971 two door models with the 23 roofline (except Imperial) would use the identical C pillar interior covers. Bob's covers are improved from the original ones since they are installed with velcro rather than those push pins that are difficult to remove when trying to remove those covers to install a headliner, for example, since velcro comes off with far less force and Bob's covers are more sturdy than the original thin plastic covers that didn't age well and usually break in trying to remove them after 50+ years now.

I believe, @ayilar, that it would be most effective if your request came via you directly instead of me just so he mentally keeps in mind how many different customers would like them. All 1969 - 1971 two door models with the 23 roofline (except Imperial) would use the identical C pillar interior covers. Bob's covers are improved from the original ones since they are installed with velcro rather than those push pins that are difficult to remove when trying to remove those covers to install a headliner, for example, since velcro comes off with far less force and Bob's covers are more sturdy than the original thin plastic covers that didn't age well and usually break in trying to remove them after 50+ years now.
Oh, I agree and will contact him directly. And thank you for the information: it is exactly what I needed.

These are great news!!! Thanks a lot ….will order right after getting up tomorrow!
Keep in mind guys that Bob is able to only do so much in terms of getting much volume from his reproduction guy and right now that emphasis is on the seat backs and hinge covers. But if you just want to let him know that if he is looking for volume buys of the next item, it is probably a good bet to go for the C pillar covers. What he told me on the phone today is that although these C pillar covers have been available for at least 2 - 3 years, he has sold very few of them to date.

That's the goal of placing orders at this time. The turn around still might be awhile in other words but this is the first step in getting some attention for these covers. Thanks.

Last edited:
Keep in mind guys that Bob is able to only do so much in terms of getting much volume from his reproduction guy and right now that emphasis is on the seat backs and hinge covers. But if you just want to let him know that if he is looking for volume buys of the next item, it is probably a good bet to go for the C pillar covers. What he told me on the phone today is that although these C pillar covers have been available for at least 2 - 3 years, he has sold very few of them to date.

That's the goal of placing orders at this time. The turn around still might be awhile in other words but this is the first step in getting some attention for these covers. Thanks.
I can remember c pillars being in stock whenever I looked but there were so many other things I needed to buy first in the process of Restauration……..but now I could just bite myself in the b**t (like we Germans like to say about missed chances )

I just texted Bob about my order . Hope it helps…

Last edited:
Morning fellas,

anybody got any news about the rear window surrounds?
There was a period when Bob's guy who was making his molding products was not doing any more for him because he had another order that was easier to fill because it was walk in tubs that was only one mold as I understand and it is easier to make than his moldings and he makes more profit on them. But when I last talked to Bob about 2 months ago, he now says his molding guy has relented and is back to making some moldings for him again. If you want the rear interior C pillar moldings then call him and let him know. I have asked for those as well and for some of the bucket seat moldings too - the squeaky wheel gets the grease especially when his volumes are limited.

Last edited:
Back