72 Newport now in Germany

Xlratr

Reaction score
Hi all. Thought I'd share this with you. I bought this Newport a few weeks back (my first old US car). It spent all its life in Pennsylvania and was shipped to Germany this year. I'm the third owner.
Got it registered with historic tags (much cheaper to tax and insure). Took it out for her first ride in her new home! :)

2A6F0594-25B0-4BD3-A8D6-289B8987BC72.jpeg

More pictures will be an absolute necessity ... just so you are aware.
That is one fine looking ride. Congratulations!

Thanks, although I think it looks a bit better in pictures than in reality :).
Here's one more.

B91249CD-7C47-42E0-AA37-2C2A035CB142.jpeg

Your car looks fantastic. Thank you for posting the photos. The second picture's perspective / framing is just perfect IMHO.

Please tell us more about its history -- where in PA, etc. -- and of course post more pics!

Well I didn't import the car myself so I never met the previous owner. But he was the second owner and had had it since 76. It was located in York.
After crossing the Atlantic it had some work done to make it street legal for Europe (mainly lights and brakes) and all the documentation done for registration. I got it registered this month.
It's a Newport Custom with the 400 motor. A 72 model built on 19th August 1971.
So far I'm really liking it! :)

Here's another photo showing that she doesn't really fit under a standard European car port!! :)

14246E52-9EB2-427C-9E3E-616EBEB9DB05.jpeg

Well I didn't import the car myself so I never met the previous owner. But he was the second owner and had had it since 76. It was located in York.
After crossing the Atlantic it had some work done to make it street legal for Europe (mainly lights and brakes) and all the documentation done for registration. I got it registered this month.
It's a Newport Custom with the 400 motor. A 72 model built on 19th August 1971.
So far I'm really liking it! :)

Here's another photo showing that she doesn't really fit under a standard European car port!! :)

View attachment 226457

I think that is the cleanest Pennsylvania car I have ever seen.

Yeah. . . But yours was dirty. . .:poke:

Ouch. When I bought it, of course -- it had sat in a garage for 32+ years. But are you really calling what you saw at Carlisle dirty? :(

IMG_0801red.JPG

And yes, it is your '66, three cars down the row from mine :)

Last edited:
Hi,

welcome.
I took same pics of your Newport while it was still in posession of a german dealer. He drove it to the Street Mag Show in may
1451.JPG
1454.JPG
1455.JPG

You saw my ex ..... that was the cleanest. BUT this one is sweet....I wanna see the interior

a couple more

There will be a classic Mopar only Show in Stade on the first saturday in may.
In nice weather it has around 150 Mopars attending.

There is also a Fuselage C-body only Show called BBTR (Boats by the river) held end of June in Erden at the Mosel. 69-73 Fuselages only

Finally the Mopar Nats in germany are held on the first saturday in August. This year more than 360 old Mopars in the show.

1452.JPG
1453.JPG

a couple more

There will be a classic Mopar only Show in Stade on the first saturday in may.
In nice weather it has around 150 Mopars attending.

There is also a Fuselage C-body only Show called BBTR (Boats by the river) held end of June in Erden at the Mosel. 69-73 Fuselages only

Finally the Mopar Nats in germany are held on the first saturday in August. This year more than 360 old Mopars in the show.

View attachment 226471 View attachment 226472

Thanks a lot for the info! I'm still pretty new to the scene so any information on contacts and meetings is very welcome. And Stade is pretty close to me! :)

Back