For Sale '74 Imperials in Iowa and Michigan on CL

Status
Not open for further replies.
The kid that wrote the add doesn't own the car he posted it for his dad...... and the son has gone back to California! I'm going to drive down (55 minutes) and take a look at it! I'll keep you posted.

The kid that wrote the add doesn't own the car he posted it for his dad...... and the son has gone back to California! I'm going to drive down (55 minutes) and take a look at it! I'll keep you posted.
Excellent, I hope you get a good deal... standard Formal pricing is all this girl should bring with the rust issues... and maybe less. But she's blue... :lol:

I talked to "Old Boy" the other day and he'll go 3500 and no lower! He thinks this beast is in show condition! What's surprising is he had a dealership for many years. Anyway, I might pursue it after a while (few weeks) if he doesn't sell it!

I talked to "Old Boy" the other day and he'll go 3500 and no lower! He thinks this beast is in show condition! What's surprising is he had a dealership for many years. Anyway, I might pursue it after a while (few weeks) if he doesn't sell it!
Did you go see it yet?

Unless talking to him amuses you, I think I'd let that one stew for a while too, before tendering a more realistic offer.

That '70 has been off and on for about 4 years .... even on ebay. Also you missed the '74 in Des Moines/Marshaltown Iowa.... it's black and nice! Two in Iowa is kind of a odd thing there's not a lot of population here! Did you see the stupid price on the one in Michigan....and it has issues?

Hi Robert,

Posting a CL ad is not difficult,

Step 1: Open two tabs, one in FCBO for the New Post and the other of the CL ad you want to post.

upload_2018-6-25_5-46-35.png

Step 2: In the CL tab, click on the URL which will highlight the URL.

upload_2018-6-25_5-46-48.png

Step 3: Right click on the highlighted URL and click Copy

upload_2018-6-25_5-46-57.png

Step 4: Go to the FCBO tab, Right Click in the New Post and click Paste.

upload_2018-6-25_5-47-17.png

Step 5: Go to the CL tab, Right Click on each picture and Click Copy Image.

upload_2018-6-25_5-53-14.png

Step 6: Go to the FCBO tab, Right Click and Paste each picture.

upload_2018-6-25_5-55-12.png

Shooter65: Thanks for the instruction.... I'll try it, I'll probably screw it up the first time or two though.

To anyone that remotely remembers this add.....I lost the phone number to this guy (blue 1974 Imperial in Ames, Iowa) and was wondering if anybody happened to write this guys phone number down? I can't find it in my files....I must have deleted it. The add has been taken down from CL for while now! Thanks.

You should have “copy” and “pasted” it to your fridge.:poke:

^^ Ya I Know! I cant find the tablet where a lot of numbers were in.....I think I accidentally threw a bunch of papers out without checking first. The phone number wasn't listed on the original CL add but the email address was. Oh Well, thanks anyway.

Cantflip and a few others....I thought I'd mention I saw the '74 Blue Imp (4 door from Ames, Ia.) in person a couple weeks ago on my way back home (10 minutes out of the way), anyway what a disappointment! The interior was smudged up pretty bad, cracked steering wheel the rust was even worse than I previously thought. The guy had a couple of electrical changes in the engine compartment....one of which he called a "Security switch" special order from Chrysler!! After that I said to myself: What the Hell am I doing here! The guy told me his son was going to take it out to California and he could get 6-8 Grand for it because movie studios would buy it! Very creative line I'd say....What a Flake! At least now I don't have to wonder about this thing anymore.

Cantflip and a few others....I thought I'd mention I saw the '74 Blue Imp (4 door from Ames, Ia.) in person a couple weeks ago on my way back home (10 minutes out of the way), anyway what a disappointment! The interior was smudged up pretty bad, cracked steering wheel the rust was even worse than I previously thought. The guy had a couple of electrical changes in the engine compartment....one of which he called a "Security switch" special order from Chrysler!! After that I said to myself: What the Hell am I doing here! The guy told me his son was going to take it out to California and he could get 6-8 Grand for it because movie studios would buy it! Very creative line I'd say....What a Flake! At least now I don't have to wonder about this thing anymore.
This car... right?
00o0o_h29sx6rvpqu_1200x900-jpg.jpg

She looks good enough from here to be a $1200-1500 parts car... and if her bottom is still there maybe a savable car. But at this point, I'd say the smart move is to start waving cash at the guy in Fumbuck and buy a turnkey beauty.

This car... right?
View attachment 235972
She looks good enough from here to be a $1200-1500 parts car... and if her bottom is still there maybe a savable car. But at this point, I'd say the smart move is to start waving cash at the guy in Fumbuck and buy a turnkey beauty.
Agree on the waving cash...as we get close to the end of 2018...one of the biggest mysteries of the year to me is why the Fumbuck County beauty hasn't been picked up by a forum member.:confused:

That's the one....looks better in the pictures believe me! The stories this guy was telling me were just nuts! The Chrome and lenses surprisingly were in nice shape for a car that sat outside at least 1/3 of it's life! And thanks for the advice.

one of the biggest mysteries of the year to me is why the Fumbuck County beauty hasn't been picked up by a forum member.:confused:
Because the selling price is too high and being the idiot he is you probably can't reason with him so why bother..

Agree on the waving cash...as we get close to the end of 2018...one of the biggest mysteries of the year to me is why the Fumbuck County beauty hasn't been picked up by a forum member.:confused:
Because the selling price is too high and being the idiot he is you probably can't reason with him so why bother..
Easy... the true Formal lovers don't want to her leave her current owner. None, that I can think of, have a proper storage situation to keep her as she is accustomed to, and none of us has the cojones to buy her and keep her in lesser conditions.

That and we're cheap... and too stupid to buy a car that worked out...:realcrazy::lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back