76 Gran Fury Police Package

The red spotlight is something that I just did. It was clear and didn't work. I tore it apart and pretty much rebuilt the spotlight. I just happened to have a couple of red Par46 bulbs for my Twinsonic CTS lightbar, so I threw one in there.

I don't have a build sheet for it, but somewhere in my documentation, it did make reference to "custom wheels." I'm not sure if the wheels that are currently on there are the custom wheels that it came with- but I'd tend to think so. The ONLY thing on this car that wasn't original was the cassette player radio, which has now been removed. I'm pretty set on "everything original" on any old car, but I am going to bend a bit and install a 79 model NOS AM/FM/CB radio that I have ready to go.

There are a few of the codes on the fender tag that I can't figure out what they are- like "F43"... and some others.

I'm not super new to the Mopar thing- but what is the "inspection tag" under the fender tag?

Also- what is a "formal" that seems to be referred to A LOT on this forum?

If anyone has any leads- I'm looking for seatbelt buckles for the front seat of this, a replacement dash pad (I don't really want to pay $500+ to have this one refurbished) and a dome light. I'll also be looking for carpet or a rubber floor covering eventually.

C-Body's are broken into 3 groups of body styling. 1965-1968 is known as Slabs. 1969-1973 is know as Fuselages. And 1974-1978 are known as Formals.

You posted a pic of the metal tag under the hood with all the option codes on it, that's the fender tag. The other metal tag that's attached to it that has the number or letters punched right through it is an inspection tag.

You posted a pic of the metal tag under the hood with all the option codes on it, that's the fender tag. The other metal tag that's attached to it that has the number or letters punched right through it is an inspection tag.

I'm familiar with the fender tag- but beer paid much attention to the inspection tag. Does that just show that the vehicle was inspected and found to have all of the correct options? What do the stamped numbers signify?

they are a quality control.
Different stamps just different inspectors. Each has its on points to check

Couldn't have said it better myself Carsten.

This car really has my interest so what do I do?
Go Googling...

cnpca1940-vi.jpg

.__480_330_1976%20Plymouth%20Class%20C.jpg

BTW, I read this elsewhere:

It's not going to be a bluesmobile, but it will be a classic squad car when I'm done with it

Attaboy!!!!!!!

I think it could of had W13 wheel covers. It's possible that it could of been ordered with the W23 road wheels.

I will try to find the paperwork showing the custom wheel order. I plan to make it a squad for the agency I work for in Minnesota. The hood will be an airbrushed mural honoring Minnesota officers who have died in the line of duty. Just need to find a good airbrush artist! I will take a lot of photos as I progress with this project and I'll post them here being there seems to be some genuine interest. I really wish it was easier to find parts for this car! And I'm missing one of the center caps that everyone is commenting on!

Back