77 T&C Restoo

Put the rollers on. Hit them with some grease. Noisy! You hear those knurled barrels rolling on the slide. More resistance too. With the glides it would self close. With the rollers it just makes it to the safety catch and stops.

IMG_2491.JPG

They are more noisey, but they are more "positive" too. I've had the plastic ones crack/ fail in the past and the torsion bar literally went off track and punched a convenient hole in the fibreglass blower motor shroud. That repair was fun...I've been a proponent of the 74 metal roller ever since.

There's a lot more selection now-that's for sure. I just hope it's better quality than what was around in the late 90's...that stuff shrank and wrinkled like crazy.
It's definitely thicker. The inks are jetted on vs likely press-rolled on 40 years ago. My guess is there will be some gap challenges with trim and if it was out in the hot sun all day, it would be fading clearly in 5 years. But the new product is tough as nails asa film goes.

IMG_2492.JPG
SMS Auto Fabric came through on the vinyl. It's been about 3 weeks waiting. I expect the carpet will take a little longer. They told me their famous delays are on making door panels. They say that group is consistently backed up as much as a year as the take a while to make.

Now, all I have to do is learn to sew....

Dash is complete. Painted, polished, cleaned. New bulbs. Lens polished. Silver detailed. Looks brand new.

Now I have to set it aside for a while as I await the grain and carpet. I have another show car to get ready so the wagon is rolling out of the shop till May.

IMG_2778.JPG
IMG_2779.JPG
IMG_2780.JPG

Back