A couple more of Mopar Never say Nevers

That being one of Dad's grille and bumper projects we had 2 500s in 70. I also recall him saying they ended up stamping that bumper in one piece though the pics sure look like that is a separate center piece.

That being one of Dad's grille and bumper projects we had 2 500s in 70. I also recall him saying they ended up stamping that bumper in one piece though the pics sure look like that is a separate center piece.
Parts and service book have it as a multi piece bumper.

Alan

All sales brochures I've seen show the painted center on higher trims and the chrome piece on lower trims.
I could see a bump shop or restoration shop slapping a new bumper on the car and just leaving it chrome.

Real world results vary.

Parts and service book have it as a multi piece bumper.

Alan
Yeah, I see that. The one-piece he talked about must have been an early trial piece. They were concerned with the two side getting aligned correctly in assembly and not end up cock-eyed.
Like the goat endura bumpers, I like either one.

I could easily see the line running out of the various color pieces from time to time and the vehicle going out the door all chrome.

I suspect the painted piece was clipped or tied to the body in some way before final paint.
I have seen this on my D-200 truck, they screwed the door access panel to the door in a spot that the door panel would cover, the piece and screw would get painted to match the door.

Alan

Back