A little help for the newbe please

Donj

Reaction score
I bought a 66 300 and have the original disc setup but I cant find anyone that sells a front end rebuild kit that made for the disc setup. I think that I may have found the rebuilt calipers but that is as far as I h
ds 66.JPG

ave been able to get.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Donj
heres a pic (under 11,000 original miles)

sounds like the car has been converted before you purchased it. can yo get some pics of the brakes?

Welcome to the site from the Motor City! Love the '66 300s, best year for them imo but yours needs its skirts put back on for photo shoots.

I bought a 66 300 and have the original disc setup but I cant find anyone that sells a front end rebuild kit that made for the disc setup. I think that I may have found the rebuilt calipers but that is as far as I hView attachment 85052
ave been able to get.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Donj
heres a pic (under 11,000 original miles)

Hey! Welcome to FCBO. Love the color of your car. More pictures, please.

Well I now know how mine would look with dog dishes. Need to find a '66 with road wheels as I think I just bought another set lol...I agree with Tom above it has been converted to disc. If you haven't done so yet goto MyMopar.com and download the Factory Service Manual (FSM) and the Parts Catalogue you will need them!

if the Budd system(dual piston) the answer is no..........just one massive piston

Then you are in luck. Balljoints are the same part# for single piston disc and drum cars from 65-73. A little pricey at $150+/- but be thankful your car doesn't have the original Budd system on it. $500 each...

Kevin

Thanks all for the reply's!
Last night I started tearing the front end apart and cleaning up what I have. I will post casting numbers and any info that I can find on the parts that were used.
When I took the pic's I had just got the car and spent 4 hrs trying to scrub the tree sap off of it'nothing else, so the rest of the car is pretty "raw" here are a few more pic's.............

ds interior 66.JPG

engine bay 66.JPG

Where has it been parked all these years? Are you sure about the 11K miles??

That fuel line has me baffled! Looks like lots of cut & paste work under the hood for such a low mileage car. Can you take a picture of the fender tag please as well as the brakes when you get a chance. BTW if you choose "full image" when you upload pictures we don't have to squint lol.
:thankyou::thumbsup:

The car was parked in a shed for 28 yr's, the person that I bought it from ( second and forth owner) rebuilt the engine and did some interior work on it.
He put around a thousand miles on the car when the engine spun a bearing that's when he had the engine rebuilt. after a couple of hundred miles he parked it where it sat in a garage for another 15 yr's. He traded it to a friend, and it sat for another 7 years only driven about 100 miles (unregestered). then got the car back when his friend wanted a PU that he had. The second owner told me that there are a total of 400 miles on the rebuild.
If you look at the odometer you can tell that it has never been "turned over" and the service record plague in the glove box has the date of purchase and one entry for service.
I know that this is all circumstantial but ................
1) given that the odometer numbers are perfectly aligned w/no fading that one would expect if it had been turned over.
2) the amount of time that it was in storage
3) the paint in the trunk is perfect
4) the over condition of the body and the lack of corrosion
5) the service record in the GB
6) the straightness of the body (which is obvious),
7) the lack of any dent's.............
I would say that the car has original miles on it (10,880)

Last edited:
here are the rest of the pic's that I have after I washed it. I agree that the gas line was crudely replaced, but if you want to see a hack job take a look at the AC line and the way it was installed at the dealership WOW!

ds engine 66.JPG

ps engine 66.JPG

ps interior 66.JPG

ps rear 66.JPG

rear 66.JPG

ps engine 66.JPG

Last edited:
Back