A little help for the newbe please

Love that color! I also recognise the pile of headliner stuffing sitting on the seat! Seems you have a well documented survivor there well done. Take a picture of the fender tag for prosperity and so I can drool over all the cool options this one has!

Oh and I'll say it before all the Carlisle boys get back - consider going to a dual master cylinder especially if this car has discs like you think it has as that is very sketchy on a single resovoir m/c

Love that color! I also recognise the pile of headliner stuffing sitting on the seat! Seems you have a well documented survivor there well done. Take a picture of the fender tag for prosperity and so I can drool over all the cool options this one has!
Dobalovr............Calipers are off of a 76 squad car, I forgot the numbers in the glove box when I was trying to stitch up the headliner today. (just temp fix until I can order the OEM carpeting and headliner..........

Does this car have a rear defrost? Cause this "Y" connector has me baffled? Anyone care to enlighten me?
image.jpeg

Oh and I'll say it before all the Carlisle boys get back - consider going to a dual master cylinder especially if this car has discs like you think it has as that is very sketchy on a single reservoir m/c
You bet! Already have the dual master cylinder and proportioning valve, just waiting to get the front end rebuilt to put it on and then re-plumb the brake lines

Sounds like you have it well under control!
:thumbsup:
Lucky for me that the second owner was raised in a Chrysler dealership! He has more parts than carter has little liver pills LOL (this is not an endorsement for liver pills) roflmao

Actually referring to being raised in a Dealership. I run a Chrysler Dealership in Alberta and have been selling Chryslers for the last 25 years but don't have a garage full of parts....yet :)

To all on the forum, I have to say that this is a really comfortable place to share info and thoughts om the 300!
I ran 7 forums over on Gunboards and never thought that I would run across such a nice group of people again.

Ladies and Gentlemen;
I have some updates for you on my 300..............
first the "Y' connector in the engine compartment is NOT a rear defroster but a hose for the engine heater.
I finally got the spindles dissasembled (may never be able to bend over again) and hopefully will be able to order parts on monday
I took pic's of the car w/skirts and of the ID tag in the engine compartment. I tried to decode this but was unsuccessful so.............................If one of you nice people who knows what to plug into the decoder would please decode the tag for me and post it I would be eternally grateful! No one wants to know what I have more than I do!
Thanks
Donj

DSC_0008.JPG

DSC_0009.JPG

Last edited:

Production date November 10, 1965
Shipping order 13395
Car line CHRYSLER Newport/300/NYkr
Price class Medium
Body type 2 door hardtop
Trim Grade Medium [32M]
Seat type Bench vinyl [334]
Trim color Black [34X]
Paint 1 (UNKNOWN)
Paint 2 Mauve metallic [286]
Paint scheme Two tone paint [292]
Upper door frame paint (UNKNOWN)
Engine (INVALID)
Transmission Transmission-Torqueflite automatic [395]
Power equipment Power windows [458]
Radio Radio-Astrophonic AM/deluxe 5.5W [422]
Front bucket seats Rear armrests and ash tray [565]
Rear options Heater-DELETE [416]
-OR- Speaker-reat seat [426]
Police accessories Heater-DELETE [416]
-OR- Speaker-reat seat [426]
Mouldings Mirror-outside LH remote [536]
-OR- Moulding-bumper reveal [546]
Fender mounted turn signals Light-turn indicator hood/fender mounted [517]
Mirrors Mirror-outside LH remote [536]
-OR- Moulding-bumper reveal [546]

You can decode your VIN at MYMOPAR.com
Dobalovr...........I tried to use the decoder before I asked for help, I couldn't figure how to use it.
But thank you for figuring it out for me!
I owe you one.....
Donj

Dobalovr...........I tried to use the decoder before I asked for help, I couldn't figure how to use it.
But thank you for figuring it out for me!
I owe you one.....
Donj

No problem DJ if you want your VIN done post it and one of us will tell you what we can. The knowledge on this site is amazing. Unfortunately half of our hive mind is probably drunk on StPauli by now at Carlisle so we are only moderately amazing tonight. Cheers - Graham

No problem DJ if you want your VIN done post it and one of us will tell you what we can. The knowledge on this site is amazing. Unfortunately half of our hive mind is probably drunk on StPauli by now at Carlisle so we are only moderately amazing tonight. Cheers - Graham
Thanks again............ A quick question, are cross ram manifolds as scarce and expensive in Canada as they are here?

Thanks again............ A quick question, are cross ram manifolds as scarce and expensive in Canada as they are here?

Yes and other than cool looking offer very little advantage on your 383. Hard to tune and very temperamental but definitely cool. If you had a 59-61 forward look 413 then sure but IMHO not worth the trouble in our cars. I'm a big Eddy fan but 650 or less CFM without heavy engine mods. What are you looking to do with this car. Make it a strong straight line quarter miler or a daily comfort driver? There is a great thread here about making big cars fast.

Making a big car fast......the struggle is real.

Back