A little help for the newbe please

Yes and other than cool looking offer very little advantage on your 383. Hard to tune and very temperamental but definitely cool. If you had a 59-61 forward look 413 then sure but IMHO not worth the trouble in our cars. I'm a big Eddy fan but 650 or less CFM without heavy engine mods. What are you looking to do with this car. Make it a strong straight line quarter miler or a daily comfort driver? There is a great thread here about making big cars fast.

Making a big car fast......the struggle is real.
Dobalovr;

Definitely not a straight liner! But it would be nice to have a sleeper. a friend was looking for a cross ram and I though I would ask.

These have been for sale for a while now. He may be ready to come down a bit.
MoPar Long Ram Intake Manifolds 60-61 Big Block

00V0V_2nYNufsg4m5_600x450.jpg

Well I spent 5 hrs today getting all the junk out of the trunk and washing every thing down. I'm still trying how to figure out how the jack stows, there can only be so many combinations...LOL
Started on the interior, surprising how well preserved the seats are. I had to scrub on them quite a bit to get the dirt off but after a couple of coats of dressing things are looking really good. I think that I am going to pull the buckets and carpet so I can clean all the carpet properly and the DS seat hangs when I try and move it back so I guess it's a no brainer. hopefully I should have the interior finished by mid week and I will post some progress pic's.

Donj

floor ds.JPG
floor ds.JPG
floor front ps.JPG
floor front ps.JPG
floor read ps.JPG
seat bucket ds.JPG
seat upper rear.JPG
dash rs.JPG
[here's I did this week............................

Last edited:
That floor looks really good other than the usual rust in the corners. Mine is like that also. Someday I will figure out where the water is coming from and plug it.

To be quite honest I kind of expected the floors to be nice after seeing the trunk. I couldn't be happier!!!!!

Good stuff, looks rock solid!

That floor looks really good other than the usual rust in the corners. Mine is like that also. Someday I will figure out where the water is coming from and plug it.
Doors. The drains built in tend to plug, plus the weatherstripping dries and shrinks. The water is more from when the car is immobile than from when it's moving. If your door hinges creak even after you've sprayed 'em, water is running down from the A-pillar and collecting up under the mats...

here are the rest of the pic's that I have after I washed it. I agree that the gas line was crudely replaced, but if you want to see a hack job take a look at the AC line and the way it was installed at the dealership WOW!
What the heck!! No one these days would allow that to be any kind of "quality" repair. Are those hose clamps on it?

Late to the thread, great super solid '66. Will enjoy watching you clean the old girl up and back on the road.

I'm fortunate to have found it in the shape it is in............only good things will happen from here

Well every one It's been a while since I posted any updates on my proigress................So Here they are, all new brake lines, tie rod ends, draglink, Hoses, wires cap and rotor and plugs.
I spent most of the day trying to clean up the engine compartment and here are the results!
DSC_0010.JPG

DSC_0011.JPG

DSC_0012.JPG

DSC_0013.JPG

DSC_0014.JPG

DSC_0015.JPG

DSC_0016.JPG

DSC_0017.JPG

Back