A MOST UNIQUE C-BODY—1970 CHRYSLER 300H (HURST)

Hi Alan,

I should clarify, I know about the famous one of one factory car, the possibility that there was a second one wrecked by a Chrysler executive (which has not been verified), and the 3rd one which underwent a Hurst/Dealer conversion from the factory 440 to the 426 Hemi. I found the third one that's been debated for years from what I can tell.
It's the car in the article posted above by sixpkrt

If you have found the 70 hemi Hurst 300, please show pics of its current condition.
I personally don't care if the 426 hemi was dealer installed or not, it's the ultimate 300 Hurst IMO.
If that car still exists it will get a ton of interest and attention when discovered.

If you have found the 70 hemi Hurst 300, please show pics of its current condition.
I personally don't care if the 426 hemi was dealer installed or not, it's the ultimate 300 Hurst IMO.
If that car still exists it will get a ton of interest and attention when discovered.

I remember seeing it in the second ever Mopar muscle magazine edition back in 1987.
It was alive.
So I am sure it will still live somewhere today with its Hemi and the black interior

Carsten

I remember seeing it in the second ever Mopar muscle magazine edition back in 1987.
It was alive.
So I am sure it will still live somewhere today with its Hemi and the black interior

Carsten
I thought I posted a link to the car already but I don't see it now. The profile on this car includes that Mopar Muscle Mag story. Just click on the documentation section. Here's the link again: Blufaro Registry | Every Vehicle has a Story

Wow, that's one cobbled together Hurst clone. Nice collection of '69 interior parts and shifter, Hemi with AC and badges from who knows where. Early build 'vert originally in Y4. Seriously without a paper trail anyone with money and parts could have built this in their garage.

1666301969817.png

I have the Broadcast sheet for the “HEMI HURST”.

It is a “built” car. Obviously not factory. Rumored to be dealer built, although no documentation has been provided to authenticate this.

It’s a neat car, I like it. It is obviously not a factory built car, nor does it have any connection to Hurst.

Last public sale was $25K years & years ago..I thought about trying to buy it back then…but had to pass, turned out okay!

Last edited:
I have the Broadcast sheet for the “HEMI HURST”.

It is a “built” car. Obviously not factory. Rumored to be dealer built, although no documentation has been provided to authenticate this.

It’s a neat car, I like it. It is obviously not a factory built car, nor does it have any connection to Hurst.

Last public sale was $25K years & years ago..I thought about trying to buy it back then…but had to pass, turned out okay!
Hi Fury Pursuit,

Can you tell from the data posted if my buddy has the 'infamous' third car? His grandfather left two folders of documentation for the car, including the purchase from Dr. Reed. Is it possible you have the broadcast sheet for the car because Steve McCloud once owned both cars in the 1980's? Since you know the car maybe you can help us remove the remaining 5% doubt we have about it. You are correct, it is a neat car. Thank you!

The car in the article and in Blufaro registry is obviously the one and same. Originally a 1970 FY4, E85 equipped CM23. Somebody swapped the front door cards from a ’69 300 into it, as well as the ’69 shifter. The console is a ’70 piece though.
The background story in the article begins to sound dubious at best. It was a good, entertaining story though.

Agreed. It’s the same car. A very cool car, but not built by Hurst or Chrysler.

It would be a much more interesting and relevant story if there were any DEALER records and receipts that would verify the conversion. People have been asking about dealer records for as long as I can remember.

Until then..it’s a neat machine.

Still a very cool car…a one of none!

Last edited:
Agreed. It’s the same car. A very cool car, but not built by Hurst or Chrysler.

It would be a much more interesting and relevant story if there were any DEALER records and receipts that would verify the conversion. People have been asking about dealer records for as long as I can remember.

Until then..it’s a neat machine.

Still a very cool car…a one of none!
Thank you! The documentation his grandfather has pretty much told us it was the car, but your stamp of approval is huge. Would you be willing to sell the broadcast sheet so we can reunite it with the car?

Thank you! The documentation his grandfather has pretty much told us it was the car, but your stamp of approval is huge. Would you be willing to sell the broadcast sheet so we can reunite it with the car?
I am always willing to help out in any way I can, not every thing is about money.

Send me a personal message PM…

Hi Rich
I have owned 1970 Chyrsler 300 Hurst from 1994 which came me from Herb Askildsen.
He was Hurst consult at Chrysler 300 International Icc for years.
Here in Finland my gues we have about 10 Hurst's. Also i know Sweden,Norway and Denmark have few of these cars.
Do you still have book for sale? Later I can send you some pics about my Hurst.
Console car quite nice condition.
Best Regards Jarmo Collanus
[email protected]

Back