For Sale AARRGH - brown 67 Newport 'Coen Brothers'

Status
Not open for further replies.

fury fan

Reaction score
Contact seller
Sometimes people just piss me off. This person is selling this car as a 1-owner, yet doesn't know whether the mileage is real or not? Yet he says he does know it sat in a barn. It only takes about 7% of the available logic of a 5th-grader to figure out it's not a 1-owner car, and that he was told it sat in a barn. (I'm making some assumptions based on the ebay trail, of course, but this has all the classic signs of the perpetuating BS of a flipper)

And it got a $17000 price increase for the detailing job it got.

I don't have any dog in fights like this, but it still boils my blood when I see it happen. I guess I just wish people like this would deal in stamps or coins or something. Stay out of our yard!

This is a genuine 1 owner car that spent its early life in Minneapolis and then in Illinois and showing a very low 26,000 miles. We do not know whether this is true mileage but we do know the car has sat in a barn for more than 25 years.

1967 Chrysler Newport | eBay

upload_2017-5-20_14-37-50.png

From just 2 months ago:
upload_2017-5-20_14-39-7.png

Nothing special.....

4 door sedan with no A/C.

Clean but still a $5,000 car.

Good for him if he gets it... But I will secretly hope he loses money on this one.

How can a one owner car be a barn "find"?

Unless you have alzheimers, you can't "find" something you own of that size. "Dammit where the hell did I put my Chrysler?"... "Oh $hit, there it is right here in the barn; Now how the hell did that get in here?"

Is this the same retread that has the '57 300 conv recovered from the Titanic? If it mysteriously gets 463 people putting it on their watch list I would be ready to wager on it.

You never know....

Someone could present his BIN price in cash and not even blink.

"Dammit where the hell did I put my Chrysler?"... "Oh $hit, there it is right here in the barn; Now how the hell did that get in here?"

aahahahahahaaahahahahahahahahahaaa

aaaaahhhh

aahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahaaaa

If can't dazzle them with brilliance baffle em with bullshit...but that means I have a bunch of NOS parts as soon as I get far enough into the back of the shop. Yay me

I hope somebody buys it and joins FCBO.
It would thrill me no end to be on a first name basis with him.

Good for him if he gets it... But I will secretly hope he loses money on this one.
Agreed. It would be cool for the car to get a forever home and not bounce around like a foster kid, and yeah, I hope he realizes it's not a bankroll and sells it for $4500.

How can a one owner car be a barn "find"?

Unless you have alzheimers, you can't "find" something you own of that size. "Dammit where the hell did I put my Chrysler?"... "Oh $hit, there it is right here in the barn; Now how the hell did that get in here?"

Is this the same retread that has the '57 300 conv recovered from the Titanic? If it mysteriously gets 463 people putting it on their watch list I would be ready to wager on it.

New message from: luxurynsports (35)

Indeed, that's what happened. How extraordinary you should have guessed.

Kind regards,

- Luxurynsports

email: ensal (at) comcast.net

Your previous message
Did the one owner lose their car in a barn and forgot where they put it?

What he has sold: eBay Feedback Profile for luxurynsports

Can't tell if the seller was being sarcastic in that reply, but either way, sounds kinda like they let the cat out of the bag that it's not a 1-owner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back